Aftermarket red filter for the Fenix TK-11

billmeek

Newly Enlightened
Hello all,

Just before my son deployed to Iraq, thanks to Matt at 4Sevens, I was able to get him a Fenix TK-11R2, batteries, charger, and the TK-Series Red Filter. While chatting with my son today via instant messenger, he had a few comments on the light:

My flashight is awesome
... the (red) lens AND it's casing snapped in half in 30 days or less
But if I could come across a metal version of the red lens cap, I'd like it.
I've done some searching here on CPF and on the web before asking. Does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes a metal filter cap with a red lense that will fit the TK-11? If there's not a filter cap made to fit, is there one that a simple (on-site) mod (i.e. add tape to fill space) could be done?

Thanks in advance,
Bill

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
A different tact than a metal attachment ring may be this. The stretchable cover may be a step up in impact resistance. The ability to flip the lens out of the way instead of remove it probably helps with protection - it's not getting crushed in a pouch. The lens and the pivot point might still be weak points especially when the cover is flipped out of the way.

The Surefire FM65 may be about the right size. Specs show it being for a bezel 1.47 inch bezel and the tk11 being 1.4 inches. Not sure if anyone has tried it. It should be more durable but soldiers can break anything. You could also buy 4 of the stretch lens cover filters for the price to replace failures.

billmeek

Newly Enlightened
Baterija,

Thank you for the link to the Bushwacker cover. That may indeed be more durable than the solid plastic Fenix filter. I'll go ahead and order a couple and let him test them out.