Optimum Bike light for day use (tunnels)?

PeterB

Enlightened
I've a very good bike headlight with long runtime and good brightness for night use (Lupine 4W LED Light). But my experience for long, not illuminated tunnels is, that I would like to have an even brighter light, since the eyes are not adapted to the dark. The lamp should be very light and small but the runtime could be very short (mayby <=30min).
What would you suggest? I think an incandescent would be better for such an application.
I thought about a Surefire e2e. Are there bike adaptors available for Surefire's?

best regards,

Peter

Azreal911

Enlightened
you can always try bungee cord! it works great! just don't forget to pad the part where the handle bar and the flashlight meets so you won't damage the light and the bar. I find it works great and you can aim it low to not blind oncoming traffic or people. Also I thought niteize made somethinglike this before that was used to hold a minimaglite onto your bike handlebars. it's a piece or rubber with two holes on it, which would probably work with the e2 or any other small tubular flashlight.

here's the link to the thingy
http://www.niteize.com/lride.html

stangster

Newly Enlightened
The Planet Bike 5000XR is a nice. I have one.

It's a 3.5w Xenon with a Nimh battery pack. Or you can use regular batteries with the adapter. The light output is decent. Got a good wide center beam with lots of sidespill. And best of all, it's rechargeable!! I can send pics if you like..

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one of those Nite Ize things. it is very hard to get my Minimag into it, so it would probably be extremely hard to get an E2e into one.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use a belt-mount thing that is made to hold D cell flashlights on your belt. Drilled a hole in it, melted the hole to make it stronger and put the screw through it that holds the waterbottle mount to secure it to the frame. I have a recumbent so the mount is below the crank beam that sticks out of the front of the thing. Slide the 5D Mag (5W Cyan) through it and secure the back of the light with an adjustable toe clip strap.
It works, although the locals HATE the Cyan collimated down with the 30mm optics. It might be a good time to get the 5W White Luxeon, waiting for the X rank though! There are other devices that hold 2AA flashlights to the bars if you are into that. Elektrolumens makes a head mount that people have adapted to fit on the handlebars. It uses 4AA and has the 30mm optics.