E1E Executive Elite good deal???

phxccw

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking at picking up a E1E Executive Elite for $55...good deal? And if so, what's the first thing I need to do to pump lumens?

BIGLOU

Enlightened
Sounds like a good deal if its new. I'm thinking about The Lumens Factory drop in myself.

phxccw

Newly Enlightened
It's not new but in perfect shape. How much for Lumens Factory and how quick is that going to chew up a battery?

paintballdad

Enlightened
Good deal if it's new, not bad for a used one. The E1E-HA is $79 new from Surefire.

The Lumens Factory HO-E1A lamp assy will replace the stock 15 lumens with 40 lumens. Claimed runtime is 65 mins on primaries, down from 90 mins from stock lamp.

paintballdad

Enlightened
Oh yeah, there are also LED options. But it makes the E1E a little longer, i like the size and the way the E1E looks with the stock bezel.

BIGLOU

Enlightened
Paintballdad beat me to it but thats right it's $79 on the SF website. I personally would get the LF 50 lumen HO-E1R however it cannot be used with CR123As, instead it runs on the rechargable RCR123As (running time 50 min.) and 17670s (running time 110 min). The HO-E1A is a 40 lumen bulb with a running time of 40 min. and you can only use CR123s. So HO-E1R 50 lumens rechargable and HO-E1A 40 lumens not rechargable, but whatever works for you. GL Here is a link for more info.http://www.lumensfactory.com/e_series_specification.htm

paintballdad

Enlightened
Will a 16340 fit in an E1E body and will a 17670 fit in an E2E body? If they do, then a whole new world just opened up for my Surefire E series incans. :thumbsup:

BSBG

Enlightened
16340 will fit an E1E

17670 fits older E2E bodies, newer ones need a little boring near the tail.

CIMG0291.jpg

Last edited:

phxccw

Newly Enlightened

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees
That is one of the new AW IMR 16340 cells. It is capable of higher currents than either primaries or standard cobalt chemistry lithium-ion rechargeables, but runs at about the same voltage (3.7V). Since they run at a higher voltage than primaries, they cannot always be used as a drop in replacement, especially for incandescent applications. There are now lamps made by Lumensfactory that take advantage of the higher current capabilities of these bulbs. That appears to be the Strion bulb conversion in the picture with it, which is the brightest incandescent option for the single cell E1E. With two of those cells you can run the IMR-E2 which puts out as much light as an M3.

Keep in mind that these batteries have lower rated capacities than 'standard' cobalt lithium-ion cells, but that is only true at relatively low discharge rates. For anything over about 0.5 Amps the IMR cells run longer. They also hold a higher voltage during the run. About the only drawback to them is that they do not have overdischarge protection, so you have to be mindful of stopping when the light begins to dim and then get them back on the charger.

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sell it and get an E2E :crackup:.

Seriously, the E1E is a nice little light but no powerhouse. The ultimate set up is a Strion bulb conversion from Fivemega along with an IMR 16340 cell:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/168327

Here'a another E1E thread: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/231869

I've been running FM's Strion kit in my E1e with 1x IMR16340 for about a month now and it is a great combo! Very bright and provides about 20 minutes of output. For EDC, I've found that 20 min. is fine for me since EDC lights tend to only get used in brief flashes of light anyway. Continual use for 10 or 20 minutes is pretty infrequent in my experience. I highly recommend the E1e + FM Strion + IMR combo.

-Robert

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
So is the Strion brighter than the LF E0-E1R?
It should be brighter on bigger cells such as 18650s, I'm not sure if it is brighter than the EO-E1R on an IMR cell. The EO-E1R is certainly whiter and with a nicer beam. To me, a dedicated Lamp Assembly is always a better option than messing with adapters and bi-pin lamps, it's just not that realiable. Not to mention the focusing issue...

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I do not have an EO-E1R, I'm pretty sure the Strion should be brighter on 1xIMR16340. I know that Mark from LF has stated that the EO-E1R draws 1.3A at 3.6v from one RCR123 cell. When I get home from work this evening I'll measure the Strion's current draw from 1xIMR16340.

-Robert

Last edited:

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just tested the Strion in my E1e on 1xIMR16340...it draws 1.6A.

So the Strion should definitely be brighter, but not by a whole lot.

-Robert

lctorana

Flashlight Enthusiast
FM 1x18350 E body and Strion kit arrrived from FiveMega today.

Ran a test in the aforesaid E body, with the HO-E1R, EO-E1R, and the Strion.

Used four different cells:
  • Unprotected 16340
  • AW black protected 16340
  • Unprotected 18350 (yes Virginia, it fits in the FM E-body)
  • IMR 16340
so 12 tests in all.

The result? I am happy to report that the Strion is brighter than the EO-E1R by nearly as big a margin as the EO-E1R is than the HO-E1R. THese ratios were consistent accross all four batteries.

So - the Strion kit is a very worthwhile upgrade.

And the FiveMega E-body, with its high-current switch, makes it safe and reliable.

(But wouldn't an IMR18350 be nice? Never going to happen, but we can dream.)

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Please use the search function.

It would easily show if $55 is a good deal for an E1E, and I've already posted in two seperate threads in which it was asked how to get the maximum performance out of this little light. Both threads popping up just days ago.

EDIT :

And I just realized that you were the one I gave the detailed response to, regarding how to pump up the lumens on an E1E. You already know what needs to be done, yet you created a brand new topic in which you're asking the exact same question you already have the answer to. Seriously, What the Hell??

Last edited: