New iTP S Series

buth

Newly Enlightened
Does anybody know if the new iTP S Series has a "Constant current output control system"?

buth

Last edited:

Linger

Flashlight Enthusiast
not positive on what you're asking. I think your question is if the light output is constant at a given level. Yes: the light has many modes (output levels) and will work to maintain the set level as long as it can.

buth

Newly Enlightened
iTP calls it "Constant current output control system" on their homepage (at least for the C-Series):

http://www.itplight.com/product_show.asp?id=161

I think it means something like a "[FONT=Verdana, Arial Black][FONT=Verdana, Arial]regulation circuitry[/FONT][/FONT] / l[FONT=Verdana, Arial Black][FONT=Verdana, Arial]ight output will remain relatively constant throughout most of the battery's life[/FONT][/FONT]" (Quote from LEDMUSEUM.ORG). So I think we talk about the same thing.

But I havn't found it on iTP's homepage, that light the output is constant.

Another question: The SC1 has a smooth reflector, but the C9 has a half smooth and half OP reflector. What is the result? What reflector is better?

Thanks in advance.

buth

travelinman

Enlightened
Not sure about the sc1 but the C9 /8/7 reflector is a great light. No aritifacts, good throw, the spill is perfect. Not a spear by any means, but perfect in an urban environment. My M20 with the smooth reflector has artifacts (rings, dead spot etc.) but more throw, the OP reflector cleans all that up at the expense of a tiny bit of throw. I'm saving up to get a jetbeam m1x, I "need" a monster thrower! :twothumbs

radu1976

Enlightened
Not sure about the sc1 but the C9 /8/7 reflector is a great light. No aritifacts, good throw, the spill is perfect. Not a spear by any means, but perfect in an urban environment. My M20 with the smooth reflector has artifacts (rings, dead spot etc.) but more throw, the OP reflector cleans all that up at the expense of a tiny bit of throw. I'm saving up to get a jetbeam m1x, I "need" a monster thrower! :twothumbs

I have a MARATAC 9290 AA light , which is the same with ITP C7 T.
The smooth&OP hybrid reflector provides indeed a smooth beam without dark ring around the hotspot.
But I am not too in love with that beam. First, the tint is quite indefinite , the RC-N3 Q5 provides a much better illumination .
Also, the hotspot is unusual small due to that hybrid reflector.

In the night, I clearly preffer the beam of my other 14500 light, AKORAY K-106 .
Just my opinions.