• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

MadMax+ on one AA Li battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Thought I'd better ask before I fry a MadMax+Q before trying to tune it for max output from one AA Li battery? I have mounted in one of Rothrandir's 1xAA Mini-MiniMags. So far, I've measured a runtime of about 100 minutes of flat output and about 150 minutes to the 50% brightness point. So far I've not changed the adjustment off the MadMax+Q.

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the minimum voltage for the MM is 0.8 volts if I'm not mistaken. I would imagine it should be okay.

EDIT: I just checked Wayne's site. The minimum input voltage for the MM+Q3 is 0.8V. It is only 76% efficent at 1.2V compared to 88% efficent at 3.0V.

Roy

MrBulk...I don't have a true light meter....just a photo cell and a recording multimeter. I'm compairing to the 2xAA runtime and miliamp output of the of the photocell. Going to start a new 2xAA runtime using aa Li batteries before going to bed.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
(side note)
It's kind'a interesting, since if the MM+ is Vf'ed at .8V, that means if it's running on 2AAs, it could be .4V each cell...

Maybe runnin' the Madmax off of 1- Li-Ion DD would work better... Then again, say goodbye to the minimag housing...

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the other thread,
Re: MadMax in a 1 AA Mini-Mag? [ QUOTE ]
Roy said:
Preliminary testing shows the mini-mini to put out about 75% of the amount of light that the MadMax+Q generated in a 2xAA minimag!

[/ QUOTE ]
That's pretty impressive. Mine should be arriving today.

[ QUOTE ]
FalconFX said:
Maybe runnin' the Madmax off of 1- Li-Ion DD would work better... Then again, say goodbye to the minimag housing...

[/ QUOTE ]
What's a Li-Ion DD? Why would it harm the housing?

Roy

Well. nothing generated any smoke! Look here for the runtime plots!

Thanks for your help and responces!

I'm going to close this thread as it pretty much duplicates other threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.