Please recommend hobby charger w/best PC software

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys,

I'm finalizing my choices for a hobby charger and would like to pick one with the best battery analyzing capability. Specifically, I'd like to be able to test and graph the discharge / run time capabilities as well as capacity of various batteries.

What I would like to know is based on your personal experience, which hobby charger's software do you like and why?

Thx!,
Tim

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Obviously the cheaper the better... :twothumbs but willing to go as high as a Bamtam BC8DX if necessary (of course then I'd also need to get a separate power supply).

I'll initially just be using it to charge LiIo's for my lights but will expand usage to RC stuff when I get back into that later on so don't mind outlaying a little more to "future proof" it.

Thx!,
Tim

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
What max discharge rate do you require? 1A? 5A? 10A? 20A? For the PC software, do you need USB or can you accept a serial connection?

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, I should've clarified that up front.

For discharge rates, initally just up to 5A since most lights are nowhere near that but may require higher when I hit RC flight.

As for input, it'll have to be USB since I no longer have anything w/a serial input.

Thx!,
Tim