Malkoff MD2/M61 drop-in help

Blinding-Lights

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, I am new to the forums..been a lurker for awhile though

I just picked up a MD2 w/ a lens and head gasket. When I dropped in my M61 I noticed that the lens rattles a little and doesn't seem to have a tight seal. I was just wondering if I installed it correctly. Do you use the original gasket and the one that comes with the lens? I tried to wedge the lens gasket between the reflector and lens but that didn't seem to work to well either.:thinking:

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
have you fully tightened the ring that holds the module? put the head on a table, drop in the gasket, then the drop in module, and last the ring. Fully tighten the ring (my tiny leatherman squirt is a perfect tool for the job). Should be simple as that. I love my md2:twothumbs

Blinding-Lights

Newly Enlightened
have you fully tightened the ring that holds the module? put the head on a table, drop in the gasket, then the drop in module, and last the ring. Fully tighten the ring (my tiny leatherman squirt is a perfect tool for the job). Should be simple as that. I love my md2:twothumbs
I tightened it pretty tight. Which gasket did you use, the one that came with the lens or the that came with the MD2 host. Or did you use both?

Gene43

Enlightened
Hold the M61 with the reflector facing up. Then place the lens on top of the reflector. Then place the gasket that came with the lens on top of the lens (the gasket with the larger hole). You shouldn't need the other gasket. It's for use with the old M60. Then put the head over until the lens/gasket is up against the bezel/hole. Flip it over holding everything in place. Put in the retainer and tighten it down good and tight.

Thanks, Gene