TTA's "Summarized" La Crosse BC-700 / BC-900 / BC-9009 Charger/Analyzer Instructions

TakeTheActive

Enlightened
TTA's "Summarized" La Crosse BC-700 / BC-900 / BC-9009 Charger/Analyzer Instructions

* * * How to 'Program' Your La Crosse BC-700 / BC-900 / BC-9009 Charger/Analyzer * * *

After a few years of use (I bought my BC-900 v33 in December 2006), I call the procedure QUIRKY instead of BUGGY. :D

IMO, there are *TWO* ways to program a La Crosse BC-700 / BC-900 / BC-9009:
  1. ALL SLOTS AT THE SAME SETTING:
    • UNPLUG the charger
    • INSERT all cells
    • PLUG in the charger
    • MOMENTARILY press the CURRENT button to select the desired Charge Rate
    • PRESS & HOLD the MODE button until the MODE changes; then MOMENTARILY press to select the desired Mode
    • WAIT... after EIGHT seconds the display will change (as if you pressed the DISPLAY button). FIVE seconds later it will FLASH ONCE.
    • ***DONE***
  2. SOME/ALL SLOTS AT A DIFFERENT SETTING:
    • PLUG in the charger
    • INSERT a cell into Slot #1
    • MOMENTARILY press the Slot #1 button (display is now flashing)
    • MOMENTARILY press the MODE button to select the desired Mode
    • WAIT... the display will continue to flash EIGHT times, then stop. FIVE seconds later it will FLASH ONCE MORE.
      *NOW* you can move onto to the next cell.
    • INSERT a cell into Slot #2 (or #3 or #4)
    • MOMENTARILY press the Slot #2 (or #3 or #4) button (display is now flashing)
    • MOMENTARILY press the MODE button to select the desired Mode
    • WAIT... the display will continue to flash EIGHT times, then stop. FIVE seconds later it will FLASH ONCE MORE.
      *NOW* you can move onto to the next cell.
    • etc...
    • ***DONE****

NOTES:
  1. The FIRST Charge Rate selected in Method #2 becomes the MAXIMUM Charge Rate for the remaining slots. So, always insert and program your HIGHEST Charge Rate cell first.

BC-900 / BC-9009 Owners: Remember - 1500 and 1800mA are ONLY available in Slots #1 & 4 (and disable Slots #2 & 3).
  2. The '8 Second Timer' RESETS after each CURRENT or MODE button press so you can 'keep thinking' as long as you want as long as you keeping pressing either button at least once every 7 seconds. DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING during the final '5 Second Countdown'!
  3. After a few years, the CURRENT / DISPLAY / MODE buttons start to 'Bounce' (i.e. One PRESS results in MULTIPLE changes). Get used to it! ;)
1645 Views - 04/01/2011 @ 11:33
0697 Views - 08/13/2010 @ 04:28

Last edited:

WingNut182

Newly Enlightened
Re: TTA's "Summarized" La Crosse BC-700 / BC-900 / BC-9009 Charger/Analyzer Instructi

May I add humbly some mode definitions at this late date? I always have to look because they are subtlety different. From the BC-700, presumably similar to the other models:

Charge Mode, just what is says, charges it up and then switches to trickle. The default mode.

Discharge Mode, to reduce memory effect, discharges completely and then a full recharge. And then switches to trickle.

Refresh Mode, discharges and recharges until max capacity is reached, up to 20 cycles. Then switches to trickle.

Test Mode, recharges fully and then discharges once to display capacity and then recharges to full capacity. Then switches to trickle.

Wingnut182
- More than I need, less than I want -