Quark 123 mini rav

HenryMudd

Newly Enlightened
I had a hard time deciding which light to buy, the Quark mini 123 or the Fenix PD10.

I did quite a bit of research and bought the Quark mini 123 Ti. I was a little worried that it was going to be a bit thick for EDC pocket carry.

When it arrived I was totally amazed. I can't believe how much light this thing puts out on high.

The size is TINY. It is not a problem being in my pocket.

I also think the low setting is just right. Just enough light to find my socks without waking my wife.

I haven't had an issue with it turning on in my pocket. All it takes is about a 1/4 turn and it won't come on no matter how hard I push on the front.

I would like to see the laynard hole be a bit larger. Also I would like to see a laynard hole on the opposite side so I could tie a chord onto both so that it would hang evenly from my neck.

Again, an amazing little light. I am glad I bought it.

Ksailork

Newly Enlightened
I like my Mini 123 as well. One cannot beat it's size. And it is my EDC because of that (size).

I'd like to say that I love my Mini 123 but I cannot. The head on mine is so loose and moves around like the bobble-headed Chihuahua on the back dash of my uncle's car. I've learned to live with it. I am pleased to hear that you have a 1/4 turn specimen and, more importantly, am happy that you like it. It is deserving of appreciation.

I also think the low setting is just right. Just enough light to find my socks without waking my wife.
I cannot decide if my wife is super sensitive to light or just trying to get me to stop buying flashlights. I need the 0.2 lumen (moonlight) setting on my regular Quark to avoid waking her. If I engage the strobe within 100 meters of the house, asleep or not, I am flirting with divorce.

HarveyRich

Enlightened
OP, I'm with you 100%. It's only a 1/4 turn for me as well. For the 2nd poster: try some teflon tape--a trick I've seen in a couple of threads. I too thought it would be too stubby for pants pocket but. amazingly, it seems fine. I now have the MiNi Cr2 also and it is perfect for a pants pocket, just a tad thinner and 3/8" shorter than the MiNi 123. The output on RCR's is amazing as well. You just have to be careful, though, since these li-ion batteries don't come in protected form like the 123s do.