Lenses for 6P/G2

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where do you guys buy your lenses for 6P/G2?

I would like to pick up a couple of pyrex and lexan ones...

Thanks

I have to say it because someone else wlll if I don't...sorry...the SureFire word is "windows"...anyway...for glass, you can get the excellent UCL window from FlashlighLens.com. Pyrex - not sure, you might have to dial SureFire. You might check Overready.com and Lighthound.com, too.

Lexan is probably going to be harder, especially if you need the press-in lexan window for the earlier 6P bezels. I don't know if the replacement kits are still available - those bezels were discontinued a long time ago. Perhaps someone else has recent experience. I bought a stash just after SureFire (reportedly?) discontinued them and have been drawing that down as needed.

bestcounsel

Enlightened
Thanks bud...im looking for lenses/glass for new type bezels (current models)

I want something more rugged than UCL's....

I have to say it because someone else wlll if I don't...sorry...the SureFire word is "windows"...anyway...for glass, you can get the excellent UCL window from FlashlighLens.com. Pyrex - not sure, you might have to dial SureFire. You might check Overready.com and Lighthound.com, too.

Lexan is probably going to be harder, especially if you need the press-in lexan window for the earlier 6P bezels. I don't know if the replacement kits are still available - those bezels were discontinued a long time ago. Perhaps someone else has recent experience. I bought a stash just after SureFire (reportedly?) discontinued them and have been drawing that down as needed.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
I've not found any source of pyrex/borofloat lenses but we are building our own supply of factory Pyrex lenses. Its still early in the process, but send me a PM.

A note on sizes. All current metal bezels can use the thicker lens found on the 6P/Z44. Only G series bezels with the same 6 side (hex) design (found on G3s and G2Zs) support the thicker lens. The style with 'bumps' do not support 'full' size lenses.

The kit for older style lexan lenses is the Z17. These can be found, but its not easy.

Last edited:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks bud...im looking for lenses/glass for new type bezels (current models)

I want something more rugged than UCL's....

I would too, UCL's are pretty delicate. They're good for LED shelf toys and that's about all. Sometimes the heat of high powered incans cracks them. I would go with pyrex or harded mineral glass.

carrot

Flashaholic
Just a thought, but Surefire does offer warranty replacement of broken lenses, if you're worried about that.

pilote

Newly Enlightened
i have an older style 6p that has heat distortion in the center; contacted surefire and asked if they could send me a original window for it...they are sending a new bezel, but i fear it will be the newest version and i really do want to keep the original bezel on it...

will be looking for a 3rd party source for a window on that original bezel if this is so...

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have an older style 6p that has heat distortion in the center; contacted surefire and asked if they could send me a original window for it...they are sending a new bezel, but i fear it will be the newest version and i really do want to keep the original bezel on it...

will be looking for a 3rd party source for a window on that original bezel if this is so...

That is exactly what happened last time I called them - I was told they had no lexan replacements and I received a new, pyrex window, hex bezel. I really prefer the old round ones. I would be interested to find another source for the lexan windows. In theory, it wouldn't be very hard to make them. Whether it's worth the setup costs is a different question, though.

pilote

Newly Enlightened
That is exactly what happened last time I called them - I was told they had no lexan replacements and I received a new, pyrex window, hex bezel. I really prefer the old round ones. I would be interested to find another source for the lexan windows. In theory, it wouldn't be very hard to make them. Whether it's worth the setup costs is a different question, though.

...i want to keep the original bezel on it so i'll prob just use a malkoff flood in it; the distortion won't have any effect on that lamp...

...and my replacement bezel did show up: current style hex...oh well, it's a good backup or for use on a g2/g2z...

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
I would too, UCL's are pretty delicate. They're good for LED shelf toys and that's about all. Sometimes the heat of high powered incans cracks them. I would go with pyrex or harded mineral glass.
I've had some personal experience with this. UCLs are fine (even ideal) for LED setups, but pyrex/borofloat is the only way to to go for high heat setups.

what is the size say for the lense for the G2L/6PL? Aluminum bezel...
I believe they are 28.6 x 2.84mm. They look massively thick outside of a bezel.

I don't think Borofloat is available in SureFire P/C/Z bezel sizes.
Yup. I've asked several times over the last 9 months or so. No dice...

I would be interested to find another source for the lexan windows.
I have a supply of classic/lexan windows but press fit installation can be tricky.

pilote

Newly Enlightened
Have they gone up that much? Last time I emailed Surefire they quoted me $1.75 per kit. :confused:

i have no prob paying that price; where else am i going to get one...i just have to forgo a couple of big mac combos...