Who's got the best 14500's/

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need to buy some batteries including 18650's, RCR123 or other 123 version and above all, some 14500's. I LOVE the power they put out these little suckers.

They do wonders in my QUark AA Ti and the little Deerelight I just got.

I only have one 14500 which I bought with my D10 whatever Edition from batteryjunction. It's an Ultrafire at 900mah so what else is out there. I can't help but think that there is better or more powerful stuff.

I would love to buy everything in the same place to save on trouble and I'm getting some of these in C and D from battery junction too http://www.batteryjunction.com/accuevolution-c-4500-nimh.html

Thanks

George

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
AW is the best available, you can get them through 4sevens, the AW sales thread on cpfm or I'm sure from many other reputable online dealers. They should handle as much current as you need. If you want the highest possible current draw then you could go for IMR's, but they are unprotected and I'm 99% sure that the ordinary AW cells should give you as much 'power' as the IMR's in the lights you listed above. It's really only beneficial to run IMR's over ordinary AW's on direct drive lights or if you are drawing in the range of above 4 or 5A.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
IMRs are unprotected because they are safe, they don't need protection. So good for high amperage and high safety. Fingers crossed for IMR14500's!

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
RedForest, I understood what you said but not what Guru said? Guru, please explain why the IMR's dont' need protection and what about the fingers crossed?

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think he was referring to their status as 'safe' chemistry cells, and so they don't have need for pcb protection as such.. However imo I would class them as 'safer' chemistry rather than completely safe, better to err on the side of caution with something which could potentially burn your house down anyway I think :whistle:

The fingers crossed was I think just to point out that IMR 14500's are to the best of my knowledge currently unavailable, so he hopes to see some soon..

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Who's got the best 14500's

Well hell Forest, you don't even need to speak :D