Led Lenser H7 - regulated equivalent?

davlee

Newly Enlightened
My H7 suits my purpose. I like the dimming function and the flood to beam adjustment.
What I don't like is the wasting of half used batteries when the light intensity diminishes.

Can anyone recommend a regulated headlamp with similar features. I would prefer more lumens rather than less. Cost is not an issue.

Thanks,
Dave

robostudent5000

Enlightened
My H7 suits my purpose. I like the dimming function and the flood to beam adjustment.
What I don't like is the wasting of half used batteries when the light intensity diminishes.

Can anyone recommend a regulated headlamp with similar features. I would prefer more lumens rather than less. Cost is not an issue.

Thanks,
Dave

use Eneloops. they make a huge difference. since they maintain their voltage until they're almost drained, even unregulated lamps will run sort of like regulated lamps... not quite, but almost. a 4 pack of AAA Eneloops will run you under $10. sometimes, you can get lucky on eBay and find white top Duraloops for under $7. an entry level smart charger will cost you around the same. search the battery forum discussions for charger options.

davlee

Newly Enlightened
use Eneloops. they make a huge difference. since they maintain their voltage until they're almost drained, even unregulated lamps will run sort of like regulated lamps... not quite, but almost. a 4 pack of AAA Eneloops will run you under $10. sometimes, you can get lucky on eBay and find white top Duraloops for under $7. an entry level smart charger will cost you around the same. search the battery forum discussions for charger options.

Thanks for the great advice. I got some Eneloops and am very pleased with the result.

electrothump

Enlightened
Keep in mind that the H7 will not be quite as bright using rechargers. But, that's what I nearly all the time. The little bit of lumen loss from using rechargers is acceptable to me. After using rechargers for a while, stick in some primaries, and you'll notice the difference. It's not a real big deal.