[Photo review] Jetbeam BC40 with bits of M1xm.[No runtimes,beamshots,graphs]

theix

Newly Enlightened
I just picked up the Jetbeam BC40 from the local dealer today, just amazed how Jetbeam could offer such affordable quality light! (I didn't take BC40's packaging too seriously tho)

I bet you all have read the detailed BC40 review (here). So I'd like to share some of my BC40's photos with a little comparison between BC40 and M1xm. Think of it as a gallery if you like. :)

Here you go. Enjoy. :popcorn: (Click on the photo for the larger one)

Jetbeam BC40

Double O-ring on the head.The thread in BC40's head is a bit short IMO. (It takes around 4 full turns before the head comes off)

Tail cap thread. (around 6 full turns)

The positive contact is a conductive spring so it's compatible with flat-top 18650 batteries (e.g. AW 18650 2900mAh). It also has reverse polarity protection circuit.

Silver plating contact.(?)

The tail-cap allows the BC40 to tail-stand.

The knurling is not aggressive at all. IMO, not aggressive enough to improve gripping.

Same goes for the bezel knurling. You might find it hard to loosen/tighten the head for low/high output if your hands were slippery or wet.

The BC40's body is a bit too thin IMO. I've seen some clips on youtube torture testing the BC10 and BA10. Not sure if the BC40 can survive that kind of test. :ironic:

The batteries DOES rattle when using CR123A. See the gap between the CR123A and body tube.

However, 18650 from Jetbeam fits perfectly. :) (It better be...lol)

The reflector.

M1xm and BC40's reflector size comparison.

Reflector "texture" comparison M1xm and BC40.

Now it's time for bundled stuff.
First up. Ciger tip and wrist lanyard. Sadly, the BC40 with Ciger tip installed won't fit in the holster. :ironic:

Now I love this part the most. Jetbeam is giving a holster for BC40 for free (well...they could've included it in the SRP :sssh:. Anyway, the SRP of BC40 is virtually unbeatable.) This option may vary region by region.IDK.

The holster is hybrid - fixed loop or quick-detach at your preference. :goodjob:

BC40 in a holster.

Length comparison with M1xm. Actually the BC40 is a bit shorter than M1xm by approximately 1 cm. It's the camera angle that makes BC40 looks longer. :duh2:

Ok! That's it for my first review in CPF. It's more like "qualitative" review rather than "quantitative" review.

Hope you enjoyed it. lovecpf

*Sorry for my English tho. I know it's not perfect.

Last edited:

nodoubt

Banned
great detailed pics......
what camera are u shooting with if u dont mind ?

Chrisdm

Enlightened
I have both of these as well, and for those wondering the m1xm throws quite a bit better. Of course thats to be expected with the much larger reflector. However the simplistic, Malkoff-like clean styling, the BEAUTIFUL beam and tint, simple high/low operation, really nice included holster, and incredible value price make the BC40 a classic keeper.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

JNieporte

Enlightened
Thanks for the gallery :)
I just got my BC40 a few days ago, and it's the brightest light I own. Titanium Innovations' CR123 rattle a little in mine, but the gap doesn't look as large as your photo shows. NexTorch brand 18650s (the only 18650s I have) are a tight fit, and I have to turn the light upside down and shake it to remove them. My BC40 didn't come with a holster. If your cigar ring spins, you can put an O-ring (from any light) on, then the cigar ring, then the tailcap and it won't spin. Enjoy the great light :D

swan

Banned
The bc 40 is a great light, big booming white xml, large hotspot, good throw and physically smaller than you think. Oh yeah, i also use the jb 18650s which have exceptional run times, thanks theix.