CR123 Headlamp

DTrain

Newly Enlightened
Looking for a new headlamp to use while hunting, or more precisely to use for field dressing/game recovery when it gets dark out. In a couple months I'll get getting a new Surefire C2 LED Centurion flashlight for a work anniversary so I would like a CR123 headlamp to keep my batteries common. I also already have a Surefire G2 Nitrolon.

I was looking at the Princeton Tec Remix Pro and it seems to be pretty nice. Any comments on this light or recommendations for other lights to look at as well? I would like to stay around the $50 mark.

Thanks!

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since you like and use SureFire, is there a reason you're not interested in the SF Saint which runs on CR123, other than price? If it were me, I'd spend my premium money on the headlamp and look for a less expensive handheld. But that's just me.

There are about 10 questions you might consider before your purchase; see if you can narrow it down some. No wait, 8; you already specified battery type and price. See the link in my sig.

Last edited:

DTrain

Newly Enlightened
Bolster... yes cost is the biggest reason otherwise the SF Saint Minimus looks really nice. To be honest, I wouldn't buy a C2 LED Centurion either. I bought the G2 because of the price point of it. We get to pick from handful of items at work for a 10 yr anniversary gift and C2 is the only thing I like.

I'll look over your What to consider post... Thanks!