Surefire Z48 vs Z58, can't decide

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm seriously considering getting either a Z48 or a Z58 clicky for my Surefire M3. Now I know the decision comes down to personal preference, and only I can make the decision in the end, but I have never used either one of these tailcaps so I'm having trouble deciding between the two.

I imagine the grip and feel of the Z58 isn't too much different than the Z41 that's on the M3 now, but I'm kind of leaning towards the Z48. Of course never using one is a hindrance on trying to decide. So basically the reason for this thread is to see what other's who may own both have to say and which one they prefer over the other.

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Z49 on my M4 and prefer it to a Z58/59. Keep in mind that the Z48 is longer and it may cause a problem if you use the M3 in a cigar grip manner.

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't use the combat rings or cigar grip, if fact the first thing I did was remove the grip ring and spacers to make the light more comfortable to hold in the grip I use. I like the robustness of the z48, but I'm wondering how it feels in the hand with it being larger than the body and all.

Last edited:

Steve in SoCal

Enlightened
I personally use a SW02 clone with my M3 that has a LED head on it. It's big but cool.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

purelite

Enlightened
from what I have read theZ48 is built tuffer than the Z58. Plus you can tailstand. It does look cooler in my book. Only trouble is they are now $55 :(