Why did you sell your Surefire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
I browse the cpfmarketplace quite often and noticed many Surefires are for sale. Surefire warranty and customer service is virtually unmatched as I had read and experienced it myself. Their lights are built like a tank. Many depended on them more than any other flashlights. I sold mine G2 because it was a single mode and it takes CR123. I sold my E1L because it also takes CR123.

Why did you sell your Surefire?

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't sell my 6P incan but if I did it would be for the reasons you've mentioned. Single mode and CR123 only.

luceat lux vestra

Enlightened
I have never owned a surefire!
not because I don't like good lights, its just that every time I go to buy one I can't seem to pull the trigger because of the lame price to lumens ratio, call me crazy!:nana:

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure why we're in the LED Flashlight section, as this topic kind of bridges all kinds. I had gotten an L1 in the Marketplace in January of this year and it hasn't left my pocket since. Sometime after that, I managed a great deal on an E2e. It was cool, nice and bright and compact, clickie tailcap. A Surefire classic. But when the batteries died, I realized I have all the beam, 2-levels, smaller size, half the batteries, and better runtime in the L1, so I sold the E2e for exactly what I paid. One of those things I guess.

kavvika

Enlightened
Bought a handful, only sold one. It was a black G2 I picked up new for a song on the MP. IIRC, it didn't make reliable contact with my multi-mode DX P60 dropin, and rather than get a quality module, I decided to sell the Surefire... :ohgeez:

That coming winter I regretted my decision.

Viper715

Enlightened
Well.... I'm addicted! See it's a disease that most of us here have from a little to a lot. I have to buy another light and need the money from older lights to feed my addiction. It's a relentless around and around with me. Also usually selling a Surefire means I can buy 2 other brand lights but I always end up selling those two to buy another Surefire later on down the road. Call me crazy but I love lights and Surefire is one of my favorite.

Illum

Flashaholic
Because I needed the money.

usually true, but the money usually winds up on things I could live without... like extra ammo, extra drinks, extra tenga eggs, and so forth.
They are usually sold because of their shallow depreciation [high resell value] and that it wasn't fitting for the intended purpose and probably won't ever be used again

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Late last year I had started to lose interest in flashlights and my 6P and G2 were not getting any use at all (mainly use AA and 18650 lights), so I sold them.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need to have flashlights with multiple modes. I also prefer lights that can take rechargeable batteries.

BIGLOU

Enlightened
I have never sold any of my SF lights I have thought about "thinning the herd" but never have. Never worried about the single mode feature and the price to lumen ratio as none of my lights have the stock light assemblies and all run on rechargables and are 18650'd. I also feel I would also regret it if i did sell them. Non-flashaholics always ask me "Oh man that thing is bright I want one" but I never say how much it would be to build one as I feel their jaws would drop to the floor.

Last edited:

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rare single-mode E2DL - Wanted to let someone else enjoy it (Brownie points if you know the history there)

GMG 6P - Had 2 and didn't need

G3 and G2 - Didn't need

M3 - Don't remember but know I was an idiot for whatever I was thinking

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
to get other Surefires lights.
Sounds about right. I like trying out the different bodies for their form factor. I buy them used and can easily resell them for the same price.
I've sold extra lights that I had laying around in their boxes unused.

Unfortunately I've had to sell lights because I needed quick cash... mostly to replenish my fun fund to afford new Surefires that I impulsively bought.

I've owned over 30 SFs and I don't see an end in sight.

(my lights)

signal 13

Enlightened
Because I'm an idiot and I just didn't think I needed all those Millennium series incans. I miss my M6s, M4s, M3Ts, M3s... Sniff, sniff...

In retrospect it was a huge mistake! Maybe an M6LT and/or UB3T will fill the void!

Last edited:

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Never sold a single one... not that I woulnd't get rid of few to get more money and piece of mind for a new one but selling while using APO is a nightmare... so I'm "stuck" with about 20 Surefires... and awaiting on Fury to make 21st...

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
:huh:Sell a Surefire? Not me. I've modded most of them to use li ion cells of one kind or the other. I rarely sell a light. Love 'em all. My Wine Light is still stock!

Status
Not open for further replies.