Pelican 2680 recoil

Mudd Magnet

Newly Enlightened
Hey all Im looking for a new headlamp my boss has a bunch of 5 dollar 3 led jobbies for us to use but lets just say they suck.. I work in construction so I need a very durable headlamp that is also bright I am a huge pelican fan and currently have a few of their lights my go to is the 2410 4aa recoil led i use while checking the animals and doing chores around the farm I love the throw and the amount of light it puts out. It seems to me these two lights are comparable in output and run time just different form factors, I would like to hear from anybody who has this headlamp what their thoughts are and if the light pattern and throw are similar?

I am also open to other suggestions My main concern is a bright lamp with some decent throw and has to be as bomb proof as possible as the lamp will live in my truck and my hard hat both can be not so nice places for flashlights Thanks for you're time :)

Mudd Magnet

Newly Enlightened
Was also wondering if anybody can suggest a good online retailer who sells this model I cant seem to find it on any of the normal sites i go to buy flashlights on im a bit stumped?

d1337

Enlightened
I don't really know anything about this headlamp but I did check it out on Amazon. The reviews don't really look that good.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am also open to other suggestions My main concern is a bright lamp with some decent throw and has to be as bomb proof as possible as the lamp will live in my truck and my hard hat both can be not so nice places for flashlights Thanks for you're time :)

Petzl Pixa Three

Pros

-bombproof
-large rotary switch easy to operate with gloves
-near mode
-far mode
-lamp rotates to protect fascia
-no wires/cables to snag/break
-commonly available batteries

Cons

-not the brightest
-heavy

I own the Pixa One, and it is too heavy for me. However, if you are accustomed to wearing a headlamp on your hardhat, then this may not be a concern for you. This lamp gets the biggest points for robustness of construction and simplicity in operation. Its deficiencies in other areas may or may not pose a problem to you with respect to convenience and ease of use.

There are reviews on a website whose server is named for the world's second longest river. ;-)

Hope this helps!

LEDAdd1ct

Last edited:

Mudd Magnet

Newly Enlightened
Thanks I will check out amazon for reviews for both lamps :) How does the near mode and far mode on the Petzl work? An adjustable refletor or two seperate beams like the surefire A2? I have also been thinking of getting another surefire g2 to mount to my hardhat but not sure if i like the idea of 18650s in sub zero temps My light is generaly used around a hour a day for clean up and inspecting work and in mornings if we are picking up materials or the trailer

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one and use it for diving (I'm on my second one as the first drowned) It is too front heavy for normal use imho.

The beam isn't good for regular use, but works well in water where a tight beam is needed.

For regular use I'd get a Zebralight, PT Eos or Petzl Pixa.