PAR20 LED closest to Halogen in color

funkle

Newly Enlightened
I've been searching for a suitable LED screw base replacement for the PAR20 lamps in my house and other projects I'm working on (I'm an architect). My main concern is finding something that comes closest to the warm orange glow that halogen PARs have when dimmed. Most of the 2700K lamps I've tried are yellow compared to halogen. And they cast a very stark, unnatural looking shadow. These lamps are used primarily as accent, or mood lighting, as opposed to task lighting. Some of the high CRI LEDs seem well suited to task & display lighting applications you might find in retail or in a kitchen, but I've yet to find anything with the comforting glow you might want in a living room.

I'm not as concerned with light output, or cost. I just want something with great color, and excellent dimming. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

skyled

Newly Enlightened
Tuwago's new PAR20 has a pretty high CRI (greater than 85) and they dim perfectly with all the dimmers in my house. They don't turn orange when dimmed like halogens do but they look great and have been the best halogen replacement I've tried.

2ih9pup.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GMTJVB2/?tag=cpf0b6-20

gur

Newly Enlightened
I really like Phillips 423400. Very sleek looking R20 bulb that throws off light indistinguishable from halogen. A bit pricey at $28 but is the best one I found.