Top AAA light nowadays is which one?

4EN[sic]

Newly Enlightened
I think I might have lost my 4Sevens Preon Revo S2! I loved how the low came on first in the cycle and the smooth action. I am looking into the Klarus Ti one, it looks pretty close but I don't think the low comes on first? Any have any recomendations of killer AAA lights out there. I have a Fenix L0D in stainless, love it but the Revo was brighter.

Mag-man

Newly Enlightened
Maglite XL200. 178 lumens on 3AAAs. Infinite light settings (hold rear click and twist to dim/brighten) and a nite-lite motion activated mode (and strobe and SOS). $37 on Amazon. Tough to beat! The setting you set is the one that it starts on.

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I've fond my AAA grail. It's the Peak Eiger QTC with the Nichia 119 High CRI LED. Infinitely variable from very little light to a lot of light, runs on NiMHs or Li Ions, BEAUTIFUL beam (I believe it's the same emitter used in McGizmo's sundrop) and it's got Peak's legendary toughness. Couldn't ask for more. Although, I'm working on a custom "peripheral" for it which could make it even cooler...

4EN[sic]

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the suggestions! The Maglight sounds cool, looking for a single AAA though for now, small and powerful...and I love titanium!

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
I think I've fond my AAA grail. It's the Peak Eiger QTC with the Nichia 119 High CRI LED. Infinitely variable from very little light to a lot of light, runs on NiMHs or Li Ions, BEAUTIFUL beam (I believe it's the same emitter used in McGizmo's sundrop) and it's got Peak's legendary toughness. Couldn't ask for more. Although, I'm working on a custom "peripheral" for it which could make it even cooler...

Where do you get one of those? I found it online with the XPG's...

The one on line said tight for high and lose for max runtime - does your light go from low to high?

4EN[sic]

Newly Enlightened
Love the L0D, one of my favorites! It goes Med-Low-High and I want Low-High-Med, and the Preon was quite a bit brighter. I do love the Stainless L0D though, solid as a rock!

Whitty

Newly Enlightened
I would definitely miss my revo if I lost it as well. Good luck on finding it or an equal or better replacement.

4EN[sic]

Newly Enlightened
I sure wish I could have gotten my hands on a Liteflux with a tail clicky in Ti...aaaah

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could check the CPF marketplace, there's been two Revo'a go up in the last week.
I like the Preon1 hi cri, and the Preon titanium. The Revo looks awesome, If you love it I wouldn't give up on it yet, maybe make a WTB thread in the marketplace

If I was going to buy a what I thought it was the current best aaa light it'd be a Peek led solutions or a custom

Last edited:

vermeire

Newly Enlightened
Saw what LF2XTs were selling for in the market and considered listing mine, but that though quickly passed. Great light; wish I would have had the money for another one or a Ti one.

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes indeed! It uses a QTC pill (and I believe Peak was one of the first to implement it for use in flashlight applications) meaning that the tighter you screw down the head, the more light you get until it's maxed out. If you loosen the head, you can make the light get very very dim which allows for extremely long run times (we're talking days and days here).

The XPG will get you higher output than the Nichia, and if you prefer cooler tint or even the XPG Neutral/High CRI you're fine. The Nichia was a special version requested by Oveready I believe.

Where do you get one of those? I found it online with the XPG's...

The one on line said tight for high and lose for max runtime - does your light go from low to high?

thaugen

Enlightened
In my experience Peak's quality control is subpar...My aluminum Eiger body was scratched from the factory and the stainless Eiger body would not allow the QTC head to screw beyond the o-ring. Fortunately, Oveready's customer service is amazing!

I am now the very happy owner of a Fenix E05 R2 with an Stainless LD01 on the way. Just my two cents worth...

Last edited:

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep an L0D on my keys, but that's only a backup or can't-forget-at-home light. I normally carry something much brighter in 1X123 format in another pocket. The torpedo -coming out soon- might make me revisit my choice, though.

Yes indeed! It uses a QTC pill (and I believe Peak was one of the first to implement it for use in flashlight applications) meaning that the tighter you screw down the head, the more light you get until it's maxed out. If you loosen the head, you can make the light get very very dim which allows for extremely long run times (we're talking days and days here).

The XPG will get you higher output than the Nichia, and if you prefer cooler tint or even the XPG Neutral/High CRI you're fine. The Nichia was a special version requested by Oveready I believe.

Overeary seems to only have the cool version of the Eiger QTC... any other sources? Are you saying they still have high CRI's, just not with the Nichia??? I don't see that anywhere, but I'd be happy with at least neutral. The Nichia where sold out a long time ago - only 40 were made.

[...]
I am not the very happy owner of a Fenix E05 R2 with an Stainless LD01 on the way. Just my two cents worth...

you are NOT very happy with your E05??