Looking for: single 18650, tiniest package, lenser CREE flashlight. Ideas?

Jayls5

Newly Enlightened

Edit: didn't realize lenser was a brand. I mean aspherical lens /w adjustable slide focus.

Requirements:
I really don't want the diameter much over an inch, preferrably less.
I would prefer to have the length around 5 inches, shorter if possible.
Single 18650.
Adjustable focus lens, slide forward (not unscrewable focus).
A clip would be preferrable, but not necessary.
I cannot stand strobe function. I would prefer the pill is removable and not glued if I need to change the driver/LED.

The only light i have really found is the EDI-T P4, even though it strobes... i would change out the driver. Are there any others people can think of with a similar size?
Edit: I will consider any price if the quality is good.

Last edited:

cccpull

Enlightened
The only light I know of close to what you want is the Led Lenser M7R, although a little larger. The 18650 requirement limits how small it can be, otherwise the Led Lenser P5R is closer to the the size you want, but that runs on a 14500.
Check out the specs at the Led Lenser site.

Jayls5

Newly Enlightened
The only light I know of close to what you want is the Led Lenser M7R, although a little larger. The 18650 requirement limits how small it can be, otherwise the Led Lenser P5R is closer to the the size you want, but that runs on a 14500.
Check out the specs at the Led Lenser site.

Yeah, that is definitely too long at 6.14" length.

I didn't realize that "lenser" was a brand. What I meant was aspherical lens with adjustable focus. The EDI-T P4 is 4.8 inch long, 18650, adjustable focus.

I have nice aspherical 14500 lights, and the battery life just isn't enough for my 12hr night shift. I have had it run out on me one too many times.

Gregozedobe

Enlightened
If you can live without the adjustable focus then some of the smallest 18650 lights are the Zebralight SC60 and Shinginbeam's S-mini.

I would guess that adding an aspherical lens with adjustable focus is going to increase the size of the light quite a bit. Is having a dedicated thrower (aspheric) and a separate floody beam light practical for your circumstances ?

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
Romisen RC-C8 II R2 Flood-to-Throw (Shiningbeam)
or CR123 an EDI-T11 (DX)
or AA/14500 Sipik SK68 clone, they often go for $5.50 on ebay if you are patient

Last edited:

Jayls5

Newly Enlightened
If you can live without the adjustable focus then some of the smallest 18650 lights are the Zebralight SC60 and Shinginbeam's S-mini.

I would guess that adding an aspherical lens with adjustable focus is going to increase the size of the light quite a bit. Is having a dedicated thrower (aspheric) and a separate floody beam light practical for your circumstances ?

I have messed around with both the R5 and XML S-mini. It's a great light: perfect size, nice clip, but I really want a lens on it. When doing regular treatments in rooms, I turn it to flood and point at the ceiling. When I don't want to wake my patients, I want to be able to turn it to a low mode and just shine on equipment for spot checks.

Romisen RC-C8 II R2 Flood-to-Throw (Shiningbeam)
or CR123 an EDI-T11 (DX)
or AA/14500 Sipik SK68 clone, they often go for $5.50 on ebay if you are patient

I own the Sipik SK68. Great light, wrong battery. In fact, that is the light that has been running out on me with the 14500 / XML swap.
EDI-T11 seems exactly like the EDI-P4 I mentioned in the original post, only it's CR123... which wouldn't last a full shift. I think 18650 is the only way to go.
And the Romisen RC-C8 has that super annoying twist-to-zoom that takes two hands and several turns to go from flood to spot. I just can't get around it (I have the AA version).

I feel kind of bad for being so picky, but I suppose that's the point of this forum. I have been questing to find the "perfect" light for a while now, so that's why I have finally posted here. I have been having issues with the hunt! So... is anything comparable to the EDI-T P4? It seems like the winner, but everyone who has been ordering them lately is getting the (worse) thicker AAA version by mistake.