Security Guard

CPFBiology

Enlightened
What would make for a good flashlight for a security guard? This is for someone else, I have no idea what is needed for security guards. It is for a corporate building.

utlgoa

Enlightened
I'm a big fan of the Led Lenser X7R

It comes with a belt clip and it's own charging system that can be plugged into a wall outlet or a USB plug on a computer.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it is for indoor work, almost any decent EDC type light should work.
Pick the budget and let us know

TweakMDS

Enlightened
I've never been a security guard, but I think a rechargeable light would probably be practical.

The Klarus RS11 looks fantastic for that. Not too huge (baseball bat MAG lights are in the past), nice one handed operation with the dual switch, and momentary strobe (would be a high priority to me).
Extremely versatile to charge and can take a spare 18650 if charging is unavailable. On top of that it comes with a diffuser which is great indoor.

Perhaps a nice single AA Zebralight headlamp that clips to a belt or shirt for handsfree operation as a secondary / backup light.

Last edited:

Aaron1100us

Enlightened
I work security at a hospital. I carry a Fenix TK45, Solarforce L2P with a 1000 lumen 3 mode led and a Solarforce L2T with a 650 lumen single mode led.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
Well, this is almost a no-brainer. Get him the new Klarus XT-11. This light is a HUGE hit with police officers all across this forum. I bought one myself. And I liked it so much, I bought two more and gifted them away. If you shop on eBay you should be able to find the XT-11, with two 18650 rechargeable batteries and a charger, all for around $90. It's a great deal for a terrific light.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
I either carry a Surefire 6P / Malkoff M60

or my HDS 170 Tactical with 17670 tube.

See if your buddy needs to check empty offices or long hallways.
He may need more flood instead of throw, or vice versa.

CPFBiology

Enlightened
Well, this is almost a no-brainer. Get him the new Klarus XT-11. This light is a HUGE hit with police officers all across this forum. I bought one myself. And I liked it so much, I bought two more and gifted them away. If you shop on eBay you should be able to find the XT-11, with two 18650 rechargeable batteries and a charger, all for around $90. It's a great deal for a terrific light.

Thanks for the insight. I heard of Klarus only recently. Are they tough and reliable? Are they as tough as a Jetbeam, or tough like Sunwayman or Surefire?

Interesting sig btw. Are you a swordsman? I am looking for a bokken and looking for suggestions of that, but that would otherwise be offtopic.

"Be careful, even in small matters" - Miyamoto Musashi

CPFBiology

Enlightened
I either carry a Surefire 6P / Malkoff M60

or my HDS 170 Tactical with 17670 tube.

See if your buddy needs to check empty offices or long hallways.
He may need more flood instead of throw, or vice versa.

I am thinking this. Probably something from Oveready may be good, one of their moddoo's and a diffuser lens.

spc smith

Enlightened
cCPFboiiology,

for the tac ui on the XT11, or xt30 wink wink, would be best for security, leo minded folks and thier uses in the line of duty. checkout the sunwayman t20cs as well. good luck

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I'll second the Klarus XT11 as a great light for that....LEO use has exploded.

We can rip off thousands of rounds with an XT11 as a weapon light, and even the 12 ga pump doesn't phase them.

They use a double sprung cell chamber, so recoil and shock are cushioned internally, and the damn things take a pounding and don't break.

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
Thanks for the insight. I heard of Klarus only recently. Are they tough and reliable? Are they as tough as a Jetbeam, or tough like Sunwayman or Surefire?

Interesting sig btw. Are you a swordsman? I am looking for a bokken and looking for suggestions of that, but that would otherwise be offtopic.

"Be careful, even in small matters" - Miyamoto Musashi

The Klarus seems tough. I am very pleased with it. Did you read the full review of the XT-11 by selfbuilt? Here's the link to his review: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...2xCR123A-RCR)-Review-RUNTIMES-BEAMSHOTS-VIDEO

RE: my sig. I simply admire Musashi, and that one quote from his "Book of Five Rings" just makes so much sense.

Good luck with your flashlight choice. I guarantee you'll be happy if you choose the XT-11........

rambo180

Enlightened

+1

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
If its not for a flashaholic type, I think something rechargable like a Streamlight Strion or Stinger would be easy as far as keeping the battery topped off.

Ezeriel

Enlightened
the original poster needs to at lease give us a price range...battery type... there are just too many lights out there

ericjohn

Enlightened
Ask yourself: What am I allowed to carry? Does the company allow or restrict any given size? I personally would choose a Maglite 3 D LED or a Maglite 2 D Pro. Might not be allowed to carry those though, because of their potential to cause serious harm. Some LEOs aren't even allowed to carry them.

I personally, if allowed to, would carry those lights because of their intimidating brightness and their effective results in the case of having to fight with a trouble maker.

Also consider the Maglite ML series.

Ragnar66

Enlightened
As a cop I carry a 3d mag with the malkoff xml drop in. Awesome for lighting things up in couple of ways....

I have an xt11 but not a big fan. I would say if your light is gonna take a beating......then go surefire, streamlight, etc.