• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

can just a head (Eiger, Logan, Capitan) be ordered from peakledsolutions or em-mgt ?

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened
Oveready.com explained to me through email that the optic heads for the Eiger and Logan presently stocked are the equivalent of what is called a narrow optic head at peakledsolutions or em-mgt

I've studied carefully the descriptions and beamshots for the Eiger and Logan series. If after trying a mule head and small optic head from oveready I decide that I'd like to try a medium optic head, is it possible to order just the medium optic head from peakledsolutions or em-mgt ? Unless I'm overlooking something, I have not yet seen that this choice is available.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Heads are fully built and sealed during assembly. A narrow optic cannot changed without taking the head apart, requiring a new lens/seal. Mule heads are built shorter and will not support an optic. Changes are best done with returns/exchanges.

whateatsrabbits

Newly Enlightened
Your going to have to get it from peak directly. Easier said then done...
But for the price of a head alone you might as well just buy a complete light and have body options/an extra light around.

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened
Thank you both for your replies.

From ElectronGuru's reply, I think I came across as asking about converting one head type to another head type. I apologize that I was not able to express myself well enough. I'll try to explain it below a different way.

From testimonials and beamshots, I believe that purchasing from oveready.com a combination of one mule head, one narrow optic head, and one body will address a family member's needs; she can unscrew one of the heads and screw on the other one depending on what her situation calls for. For now, the medium optic head sounds less likely to address our particular needs; but later on we might change our minds.

If the medium optic head at em-mgt.com and peaksolutions.net is compatible (i.e., mate-able / lego-able) with the body of a Peak flashlight purchased from oveready.com, then I could not so far identify how to purchase just a medium optic head without a body.

whateatsrabbits: It sounds like you had a similar interest and question. Did you wind up (successfully) purchasing just an optic head without a body from peaksolutions.net ? May I ask you to share more details about your experience including cost and time transpired from inquiry to purchase to delivery ?

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
Oveready has "No Body (head only)" & "No Head (body only)" Peak flashlight parts options listed....

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
If the medium optic head at em-mgt.com and peaksolutions.net is compatible (i.e., mate-able / lego-able) with the body of a Peak flashlight purchased from oveready.com, then I could not so far identify how to purchase just a medium optic head without a body.

In general, all Logan heads work with all Logan bodies. All Eiger heads work with all Eiger bodies. Etc. Given your goals, order a medium optic head with the desired body from emt and the 2nd head from OR.

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened
Thank you archimedes and ElectronGuru
icon14.gif