A tribute to present and past custom builders

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was showing my collection to some friends a few days ago, and it got me to thinking about how many amazing custom light makers there are (and have been in the past). As a tribute, I figured I would post a few pictures that show one of my favorite lights from a number of these custom builders.

If you have a favorite that I missed or I am not lucky enough to own (or even ones from builders that I already included) feel free to add your post! :)

Left to right: Jeff Hanko EX10 (this one has 51 trits!), Lux-RC FL33, Lumencraft Gatlight V1 Stainless Steel

Left to right: Mirage Man Custom 18650, TNC copper 26650, Tain Thud 26650

Front: McGizmo LunaSol 20, Rear: Moddoo 18650

Last edited:

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool Fall needs to be here!
y5ydyryg.jpg

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. I just wish I had something to contribute....one day :)
Once your new Nichia 219 triple drop-in is completed, I'll install it in one of my custom P60 hosts, take a picture of it, and then add it to the thread! ;)

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha I didn't necessarily mean something I've made...I just don't own any nice custom lights. But hey, if I ever make something that deserves to be in here I'll be hap-hap-happy!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very, very beautiful lights....unfortunately, only in my dreams! (not even, I have not dreamed of a flashlight yet)

grayhighh

Enlightened
Not a flashlight question. Dave, what lens are you using ?

What color is the Moddoo 18650 head ? Looks blue but i see purple too.

Last edited:

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave, what lens are you using ?
These were all shot with a Nikon 105mm lens. I also did the same shots with a Nikon 50mm that I was borrowing from a friend, but the 105mm delivered just slightly sharper pictures.

What color is the Moddoo 18650 head ? Looks blue but i see purple too.
That's a good question Cary. I don't quite know how this works, but the anodizing seems to have a gradient to it. I looked closely at the light just now, and as I rotated it around it changed from blue to purple.

grayhighh

Enlightened
These were all shot with a Nikon 105mm lens. I also did the same shots with a Nikon 50mm that I was borrowing from a friend, but the 105mm delivered just slightly sharper pictures.

That's a good question Cary. I don't quite know how this works, but the anodizing seems to have a gradient to it. I looked closely at the light just now, and as I rotated it around it changed from blue to purple.

I am using 60mm 2.8 G. Thinking adding a 105mm or maybe Zeiss 100mm marco to my family.

Thanks for the answer. I actually like how it is done.

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am using 60mm 2.8 G. Thinking adding a 105mm or maybe Zeiss 100mm marco to my family.
That's funny. I'm actually thinking about adding a 40mm or 60mm lens to my family. ;)

With the 105mm lens, it's sometimes difficult to get far enough away to keep all the lights in frame. That's why I was borrowing the 50mm - to see what kind of field of view a smaller focal length would give me.

grayhighh

Enlightened
Then i think you should get a 60mm. I want a 105mm because im looking for more detail shot. But for full body flashlight photo, i like my 60mm alot.

Okey, pull it back to the title.

One of my favorite, or i should say two.

DSC_4086.jpg

nbp

Flashaholic
Some of my personal favorites:

McGizmo Haiku w/14500 Pak

15274235.jpg

Ti Tri EDC

photo2rz.jpg

Anything Enrique Muyshondt makes!

cimg0168m.jpg