Zebralight H52 (later this year)

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sent a question to Zebralight on their website asking when will the H52 be available. The response was that it will be released later this year!! I hope that happens. I love the SC52, and have edc'd it ever since it came out. I gave one to my son as well. We are planning a few big hiking trips this year and next, and I would like to backpack with a SC52 and an H52. Both would run on the same battery (including 14500 Li-ion,) both would be very small, and both would be lightweight enough for backpacking.

I've been using either an H51 or H600 on camping trips. I go with the H600 more often because I like the switch & output much better, but there have been trips where I just wanted to stick with the AA platform so each of my electronic devices used the same battery. In my mind the SC52 is a big improvement over the SC51 (switch, output, battery indicator & other features.) I'd feel the same way about the H52. I can't believe the H52 is taking so long to come out. I'm looking forward to it quite a bit, and am glad that it could be just a few months away.

markr6

Flashaholic
I love my H51w and H600w. I'm going to pick one of these up for sure...right after the Q50!

Last edited:

maybeshewill

Newly Enlightened
Definitely looking forward to a new ZL :) It's been a while since I've had my hands on one.

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sent a question to Zebralight on their website asking when will the H52 be available. The response was that it will be released later this year!!

This is great news!
I also ask this to Zebralight but this did not give me any information.
I have two H51 and H600.
Lately I've only used H600 but I love the model H51, buy the H52 when it will be available :)

(Translated with Google translator)

My Zebra

Last edited:

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
My H51w has been my EDC light, work light, emergency light, desk light, camp light, etc. for 3 years now. I have other lights, the dime a dozens traditional flashlights but it's the H51w I carry. It would be great to have an updated version with the latest LED and circuitry for more brightness and run times. I am glad they are talking about the H52, but knowing how long it takes Zebralight to make something I will believe it when I see it on their chart, and even then it might not be available for months afterwards. Some of their lights that have been on the list for months have been pushed back to sometimes in 2013. How are they able to make the H52 in six months when there are at least 2 lights ahead of it?

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
How are they able to make the H52 in six months when there are at least 2 lights ahead of it?

Unfortunatley, they won't. Everyone will get hyped about this. I asked them several times over the past 18 months and got different answers; so have other CPF members.

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some of their lights that have been on the list for months have been pushed back to sometimes in 2013. How are they able to make the H52 in six months when there are at least 2 lights ahead of it?

Building H52 Zebralight is perhaps easier, should use the body of H51 and electronics SC52.
I just hope tint is good, I do not like what I read on the tint of SC52..

(Translated with Google translator)

My Zebra

Last edited:

elbowtko

Newly Enlightened
Funny, I sent an email to their website 1 month ago and they told me they never had the H52 in works nor do they plan to have any such a flashlight in the near future.

There are mixed messages. Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, I for one wish every day and night (mostly night) that I have a H52w, but until I see something more tangible than an email response from them, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

markr6

Flashaholic
Speaking of getting hopes up, I think Zebralight should have a raffle to give away the Q50 prototype to a CPF member - just to show us it wasn't photoshopped!

elbowtko

Newly Enlightened
They really need to make this H52w, been waiting and waiting. If they don't ArmyTek is going to take it away.

markr6

Flashaholic
They're obviously not keeping up with demand. I wish they would focus their efforts on a smaller range of products, THEN build out from there only if capacity allows.

1. Sorry red/blue led users, but scrartch these off the list. I'm guessing they sold very little of these. Or make a combo headlamp instead.

2. Sorry CR123 lovers, but I also see this type fizzling out (uh oh, yes I said it). Let's focus on AA/14500 and 18650 styles.

3. Sorry hi-lumen lovers, but let's forget the vaporware and "fun project" types (Q50, SC5310, SC6330)

Of course, if it's no trouble to keep the colors and 123's going, then by all means continue to do so. But something needs to change. I understand these are very personal opinions and it's only my point of view, so I expect some of you to flame away :)

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
They're obviously not keeping up with demand. I wish they would focus their efforts on a smaller range of products, THEN build out from there only if capacity allows.

1. Sorry red/blue led users, but scrartch these off the list. I'm guessing they sold very little of these. Or make a combo headlamp instead.

2. Sorry CR123 lovers, but I also see this type fizzling out (uh oh, yes I said it). Let's focus on AA/14500 and 18650 styles.

3. Sorry hi-lumen lovers, but let's forget the vaporware and "fun project" types (Q50, SC5310, SC6330)

Of course, if it's no trouble to keep the colors and 123's going, then by all means continue to do so. But something needs to change. I understand these are very personal opinions and it's only my point of view, so I expect some of you to flame away :)

I agree with you on the colored LED's and the CR123 lights. Zebralight sells a whole lot more 18650 & AA sized lights than any other. I think their S5310 could be a hit, so I'm for it...but not at the expense of producing the more popular lights like the hopeful H52. I think they scrapped the Q50 in favor of the S5310. Looks like the S5310 will be able to do everything the Q50 was supposed to do but with 3 AA's instead of 4 AA's.

They are building a new production plant in Texas, and they hope to have their first light produced there by the beginning of 2014. They are also adding machines/production capabilities in their plant in China. Hopefully this time next year they will be able to keep up with demand, and our complaints will fade away.

markr6

Flashaholic
I agree with you on the colored LED's and the CR123 lights. Zebralight sells a whole lot more 18650 & AA sized lights than any other. I think their S5310 could be a hit, so I'm for it...but not at the expense of producing the more popular lights like the hopeful H52. I think they scrapped the Q50 in favor of the S5310. Looks like the S5310 will be able to do everything the Q50 was supposed to do but with 3 AA's instead of 4 AA's.

They are building a new production plant in Texas, and they hope to have their first light produced there by the beginning of 2014. They are also adding machines/production capabilities in their plant in China. Hopefully this time next year they will be able to keep up with demand, and our complaints will fade away.

Thanks for the info! I heard about the TX facility but figured it was just a warehouse/office. Good to know! Either way, I don't think I'll ever give up on Zebralight. The performance and UI is just too good!

elbowtko

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info! I heard about the TX facility but figured it was just a warehouse/office. Good to know! Either way, I don't think I'll ever give up on Zebralight. The performance and UI is just too good!

I still love zebralights that is why I'm still holding out on my waifu H52w. However I just wish they were a little better with customer communication. Don't they have a rep on this board?

Cereal_Killer

Enlightened
About 2 months back I asked them the same question, received the same response (that the H52 was a few to several months out) but was coming soon. I hate to say it because the H52 is the only pre-production light on my "short list" but I'm not putting any more hope into it now than I was 2 months ago when I asked them about it, its far from "about to be released".

I just had a phone convo with them last week tryin to get them to let me buy a lot of returned SC52 and sc52w's, we've got a deal in the works for me to get a bunch of lights that were returned because of tint problems or slight UI problems (mostly from new to ZL users, lights which most likely don't have anything wrong with them)

I still love zebralights that is why I'm still holding out on my waifu H52w. However I just wish they were a little better with customer communication. Don't they have a rep on this board?
I don't believe they have an official rep, maybe an employee or two but they don't post officially. Their info may be inconsistent but atleast they reply to every inquiry they receive, the other choice is dont respond to all these random questions, what would you rather have?

Last edited:

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
A H52 would be great, but not sure it would matter if one already owns a H502 and H51 like I already do. It would be a great addition and update to the H51 though and most likely I'd still buy one (or two!). I'd really hope they still plan on doing a H302 at least as it would be tiny and I already have a surplus of CR123 batteries and not enough lights. I'll be a little upset if cr123 lights go the way of the dinosaur as it wasn't that long ago the general consensus was the move away from AA to CR123 as becoming mainstream was due to the higher voltages and brighter lights and I fell for the hype and bought in to this "future proof" type of power and lighting.

markr6

Flashaholic
I like how the H51 can be operated with ONE finger without rotating or pushing the thing off your head. I'm worried they will "update" to the smaller, recessed type button used on the SC52/H600/etc.

Old button = accidental activation (if you don't lock out with tailcap)
New button = PITA cycling thru modes

Pick your poison I guess. But if the output is like the SC52 and compatible with a 14500 (sure it will be), then I may just give in and deal with the tiny rock-hard switch. :rolleyes:

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
oh, i didn't realize the SC52 and H600 had different buttons than all of their other clickies. I love the soft clickies on all the lights that I own. Can't see why they would change to a stiff button, when what they had worked perfectly for everything and I have never set off the light in my pocket before and I own a H31/H51/H51F/H502/H30w that have soft buttons.

I like how the H51 can be operated with ONE finger without rotating or pushing the thing off your head. I'm worried they will "update" to the smaller, recessed type button used on the SC52/H600/etc.

Old button = accidental activation (if you don't lock out with tailcap)
New button = PITA cycling thru modes

Pick your poison I guess. But if the output is like the SC52 and compatible with a 14500 (sure it will be), then I may just give in and deal with the tiny rock-hard switch. :rolleyes: