35 watt hid spotlight and 100 watt metal halide

Skydancer

Newly Enlightened
hello all. i am posting a thread about my 35 watt 4300k hid spotlight. its not actually in a spotlight body as its just the bulb,reflector and ballast that i harvested from a Ryobi hid spotlight from home depot. the light itself is extremely bright. its supposed to put out 3800 lumens which i actually believe because its extremely bright. at around 200-500 feet this thing is blinding. anything closer basically washes out. anyways I also have a 100 watt metal halide and I would like to make a reflector for that and ill post when I do so. here are some pics of the 2 lights. this light is the brightest I have and I love it. let me know what you think. heres a link to my flikr photostream as I cant figure out how to post them directly to here. also you will see pics of my led lights. check my comparison in led section. http://www.flickr.com/photos/87811337@N02/

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
That little Ryobi One+ spotlights actually a pretty nice HID torch, I use mine a lot when working around the house, bounced off the roof it fills a room with light.

It also throws quite nicely, although nothing like my Maxabeam, but it makes a nice partner too it.

Skydancer

Newly Enlightened
Yeah it really is a great light for the price. Eventually I would love to get a maxabeam.

LightSward

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes the 100 watt HID Home Depot light is one of the ways I got started on building the LightSward original and the 50 inch Monster original light source. Very bright. One box claimed the bulb put out 5,600 lumen, or equal to a 600 watt incandescent.

First test run of 24 inch parabolic reflector. 2bc

4199681464_c8fe9833ca.jpg

Blue Beam, from 24 inch 100 watt LightSward, shines from Christmas tree lot and rotates over busy intersection. Searchlight is actually plugged into the 110 volt plug located at the parking lot light base!

4198927187_940889e00d.jpg

The 100 watt HID, 24 inch LightSward to our left, and 7 inch 35 watt HID Cyclops searchlights shine through thin, night fog.

Good luck on all you do.

lisungroup002

Banned
If you comparing 35W HID lamp and 100W Metal Halide, there's no doublt that 100W Metal Halide will have higher lumen, also lt will much bright than 35W HID lamp. Honest speaking, both kind of lamp is belong to High Pressure Gas Discharge Lamp. Thanks!