Received damaged TM26, am I a perfectionist?

aerosupply

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,I just received my new TM26 I bought on ebay from ecbuy_shop and it arrived damaged on the bezels that hold the lenses in place (guess the guy at the factory was overly speedy and not very careful, perhaps)... Am I being a perfectionist or is this something you think is cause for return? Has anyone else received a damaged one like this?. Apart from this, the oled switch functions poorly and double clicks or misses sometimes which is a bit annoying...
IMG_0925.JPG

Last edited:

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, you're not a perfectionist. The damage on the bezel is fairly evident on your photo and more worryingly, are the switch problems you've mentioned. It is not an inexpensive flashlight. I'd say, return it...

Last edited:

aerosupply

Newly Enlightened
jonwkng, Thank you for your input, will probably go through the hassle of returning to China...

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
you can ask nitecore for free replacement bezel

Etsu

Enlightened
Meh, I wouldn't worry about the bezel, but if the switch is acting up then it's probably going to get a lot worse. Return it.

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
We are all perfectionists - after all here we are on CPF :) who else spends this much money in search of the perfect light!

It looks pretty badly scuffed to me almost as if this was a test sample and someone (not NITECORE) has dismantled it carelessly. It is unfortunate as I would also be very unhappy to find that damage. Sometimes it is worth buying from a local (at least same country) supplier as it makes returns much easier.

If the switch worked perfectly it might be worth asking for a discount to account for the damage, but as it is with a questionable switch as well, I think a return might be the only way. Good luck.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I dent and scratch my lights as I use them for work....but, if you BUY one, it shouldn't come pre-used, unless its SOLD AS used, etc.

A lot of places get in a return, and send it back out as a new light. You now know what the place you bought THAT ONE probably does at least.

My TM26 looks a LOT worse than yours, but, I'm the one who did the damage to it, but, it still works great, no problems other than cosmetics. As yours has other issues such as the switch, I'd send it back. Also - there are clones out there of almost everything...so, substandard lights can be sold as originals, and the buyers don't know that its a clone they are sending back...sometimes the sellers didn't even know depending on where THEY get them from, etc.

Open the light, and take some pics of the guts. The clones tend to cut the corners where they assume no one would notice...plus it might indicate other evidence of prior use, etc.

Last edited:

stevieo

Newly Enlightened
I am not a perfectionist. I do not care about my job tools winning show awards. I keep them clean & in good working condition as best as I can. but if they arrived NIB they better be in perfect condition or they go straight back or into the trash if they cost the same as return freight. for what I paid for my TM26 & it arrived in that condition it would go back straight away. sorry it arrived like that. An electronic switch problem with new in box light is a defective product.

Jakeyb

Newly Enlightened
Whenever I recieve something with damage it makes me wonder if it was used before I got it. I wouldn't stand for it, even on a cheaper light. As long as its a name brand that we are all familiar with the finish should be nothing less than perfect.

carrot

Flashaholic
A light should never be sold as new in that condition. I don't mind buying used or cosmetic defects, but they should be sold as such.

nickso

Newly Enlightened
Contact Nitecore if it came from the factory like that. They would not want a customer to have to ship back to China and while it if off talking about it to friends and CPF. :)

aerosupply

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all your comments about this!I told the seller I could accept 4 replacement bezels and a tool to mount them as a solution, not having to return the light to China with everything that involves...The issue with the oled switch has strangely improved somewhat after testing it for some time, so it was perhaps some oxidation on the contact surfaces, or something, so I guess I can live with that, let's see what the seller responds...

Last edited:

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is no way I would buy a high-end light on Ebay, especially from a Chinese dealer. I predict there are going to be more issues along the way. I would go for a full refund immediately.