best

fil7

Newly Enlightened
best light for lamping with dogs, fenix tk75 or night master 800:confused:, cheers fil7

is there a budget light I can get not the cheapo ones on e bay with a beam of say 200m £60-70.00, cheers fil

deerlight dbs v3 ???, armytek barracuda or fenix tk75 best torch for distance :confused::confused: cheers fil7

right lads/lassies I am new to the world of high powered torches. what I want is somebody to recommend a good torch for lamping rabbits as I don't want a lamp & battery, any type of rechargeable batteries will do my budget is £150, cheers fil7

solarforce m9 xm-l2 u2. 1000 lumen does anybody own one what is the user beam distance, cheers fil7

I am after a armytek barracuda but wat I want to know is what led is better for throw/distance, xm-l2 xml2 1390 led lumen or xm-l u2 1000 led lumen or xm-l2 u2 1390 lumen, cheers fil7

I cant decide between solarforce m9 or armytek baraccuda for distance of 200m I know it says 500m but what is usable distance, cheers fil7

Last edited by a moderator:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suggest you compare them with reviews or read up about them from each individual makers web site.

Psychonaut

Newly Enlightened
Please fill the form. Plus a more useful title and descriptioni would help.

fil7

Newly Enlightened
wanted small torch with any rechargeable batteries up to say £200 for lamping with dog at night sorry don't know how to cut & paste the stiky link, cheers fil7

TRiley

Newly Enlightened
I use a combination and Armytek predator, wizard pro headlamp it gives me about everything I could ask for to track a deer after dark.

Psychonaut

Newly Enlightened
sorry don't know how to cut & paste the stiky link, cheers fil7
You copy the text and then you paste it...

wanted small torch with any rechargeable batteries up to say £200 for lamping with dog
There are thousands of lights that are appropriate for that.

Give us at least some input: LiIon or NiMh rechargeable batteries?

If you have no idea I suggest you go for NiMh Eneloops.

Get yourself something like a Eagletac P20A2, a pack of white Eneloops (AA) and a Sanyo MQR6 and you'll be all set up without having to worry about anything. All together for less than half of the £200.

fil7

Newly Enlightened
Re: opinions please

why does nobody answer my threads, cheers fil7

dss_777

Enlightened

Try reading through this forum and seeing what other hunters have been recommended. Then, ask more specific questions about what lights you read about that others have been recommended. Narrows it down a bit...

fil7

Newly Enlightened

fil7, could you please complete, and post the form ? That should help a lot to get better answers.
I am not very good with computers don't know how to cut & paste the form, so could somebody reccomend a torch please what about the fenix range tk 22 or armytek predetor or barracuda, for hunting/lamping with dogs cheers fil7

Poppy

Flashaholic

Personally I don't know exactly what lamping rabbits with dogs entails.

Please tell us how far do you need to see, and how wide a beam would you like at that distance.

Do you have a battery preference? OR a flashlight size preference?

You'll probably be recommended an AA light that takes four cells, OR a single cell lithium ion 18650 flashlight.

fil7

Newly Enlightened

spotting rabbits in farmers field, no battery preference not to tight of a beam but not a very big flood/spill about 200 m cheers fil7

Poppy

Flashaholic

spotting rabbits in farmers field, no battery preference not to tight of a beam but not a very big flood/spill about 200 m cheers fil7

The barracuda Xm-L2, or Thrunite TN31 XM-L2 MIGHT put enough light on a target 200 meters away, I wouldn't bet on the others you mentioned. Yeah... I know they are rated at 600 meters, but that is to 0.25 lux. That's not enough to take aim that far away.

See this review by Selfbuilt
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?364279

Note: the numbers for the TN31 are of the older version which has the lower performing XML emitter.

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hahaha.. And i even suggested a lamp.
Armytek is a good choice for you.

- JonK