• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Eiger / Momentay Switch / Prometheus Clip Question

pmek5

Newly Enlightened
I just recently received a Prometheus Clip for my Eiger 2xAAA Alum. bodied flashlight (older non-QTC). I installed the clip without any problems. The momentary switch works fine, but now when I screw the light head in for continual on mode, it won't come on, even with the head screwed all the way in. The thickness of the clip made a longer reach in the battery tube to make proper contact. My momentary switch is the old long plunger style. Does anyone now of a fix to this problem? Will placing a small washer at the bottom of the tube (between the foam & battery work as a spacer? Do I need to get a different momentary switch?
Thanks for your help.

mhs

Newly Enlightened
Screw off the momentary and check if it has a little spring on top of it. If yes, extend the spring 1-2 mm, so it can reach bottom of battery.
If there's no spring, you need to extend the brass pin, for example with a blob of solder. There's an oring inside momentary switch, which we don't want to destroy, so don't overheat it, or simply take switch apart for soldering.

Last edited:

pmek5

Newly Enlightened
Thanks mhs
I stretched the spring a hair & that worked. Also have a different switch coming from the good folks at Oveready.