Panasonic 18650 batteries and fenix lights

mad96ss

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys I got a couple fenix flashlights and was wondering if the panasonic 18650 3400mah cells would work in them. The Fenix lights I have are the PD35, TK21, and TK22. I have read some issues with the cells not making contact on certain torches because they do not have a nipple like other batteries. I was also looking to purchase Fenix arb-l2s cells with the fenix are-c2 charger but if I can get something equal or better for less money please let me know.

kj2

Flashaholic
When the light has a spring at the + end, it should work fine. I use mostly Eagletac branded 18650 batteries. Those are cheaper where I live.

Bob Damon

Enlightened
Nitecore, Eagletac, Olight, make button top batteries, as well as Panasonic.
Nitecore makes a well respected set of chargers, the I2 and I4, and their new D series chargers.
The Nitecore I2 and I4 can be found on sale as the new D series has replaced them.

kj2

Flashaholic
Nitecore, Eagletac, Olight, make button top batteries, as well as Panasonic.
Nitecore/Eagletac/Fenix offer button-top cells, they don't make them ;)
And as far I know, Panasonic only makes unprotected cells. So a other party puts on the button-tops.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use an Eagletac 3100mAh (Panasonic) in my TK11 that I've been using for a year or more now. Works fine. That cell doesn't have a big protruding nipple but it does a little bit.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I generally only use unprotected Panasonic 18650 3400 mAh cells in lights/dropins that have low voltage warning and cutoff. I am perhaps overly cautious. I do use unprotected 10440 li-ions in AAA lights. The performance and reliability of the Panasonic 18650 3400 mAh cells is first class. As long as you know the rules about not over charging nor over discharging and have a basic volt meter to tell you the status of the cells, take care and go for it.