Hi! From South of The Border!

mxbungalows

Newly Enlightened
Mexican C.F.E. comision federal de electricidad is cruel to incandescent and CFL lighting. CFE's official standard is 127 vac 60 Hz which mostly is a pipe dream. Even hugely expensive Metal Halide lighting fixture brands like Hubbell, do not enjoy a long life down here. I am praying that this forum can help me find workable and especially affordable solutions to my questions. Speaking of which as a newbie to higher power (36 volts 30-300 watt) LED lighting, pointing my questions toward FAQ pages would be highly appreciated as well! I am getting old (68, cranky, my body parts don't work as well as they used to but my brain seems to have suffered least). I do have elementary electrical and electronics knowledge (from when dinosaurs roamed the earth). Now I can't wait to get to the forums! Remember, please, down here nails are straightened and resold. ADUANA Mexican Customs charges FOUR HUNDRED PERCENT DUTY on items manufactured in the Far East. We have to travel thousands of miles to go get stuff from a north of the border ship-to delivery point.

En Adelante Mil Gracias!

Rafael Jimenez

Enlightened
Bienvenido amigo, yo tambien soy de Mexico. Aqui hay gente de distintas partes del mundo, y es interesante como todos tenemos un gusto en comun. Pero hay algunos que son verdaderos expertos en el tema. Lo mas comun aqui es el LED y las baterias de litio. Pero existe una seccion para pura luz de mano artesanal, construidas por miembros del foro, maestros en la electronica y el torno! otros que utiizan materiales exoticos como el titanio. Te puedes gastar hasta 1500 dlls. en una lamparita de mano. Es un foro interesante y hay mucho que aprender.

Saludos.