lost my flashlight, need replacement

jeremiahgus

Newly Enlightened
I lost my EDC which was a Jetbeam e3s. Sadly it looks like they have discontinued both the E3S and E3P. i would like to get a replacement with only one mode. t
The e3s i had was a metal button clicky which i liked and it was just on and off. a twist of the head would go between bright and dim modes. i cant stand going through bright, dim, strobe modes instead of just an off and on. any suggestions? id definately like the metal button, one mode and AA.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jetbeam BA10
Klarus P1A

Funny, but I bought the JetBeam BA20 and the Klarus P2A, both two mode, on/off, 2xAA lights, back when I started here and they've been fine, if not a bit simplistic and rudimentary. I keep them both in my BOB/SHTF emergency kit, stoked with some Iron Core AA Duraloops.

They're almost identical to each other, probably coming out of the same factory.

Chris

jeremiahgus

Newly Enlightened
Check out Costco this time of year no need for high mark up hobby lights.

I wish I could but Im 300 miles or more from the nearest Costco. 2.5 hours from the nearest Sams Club.
I'm working in the ND oilfield right now so I cant get out much. Most of what I buy is on Amazon or Ebay from my phone.
I also don't want something that is going to fail me because working out here way below zero and miles from nowhere.
If it was just an around the house EDC I might go with something cheaper but I want a bit of waterproofing and proven reliablity. On that note is there a kit to change the clicky's on those two lights from rubber to metal? Ive had problems with the rubber buttons getting oily and deteriorating due to the chemicals I work around.

I don't get a break until the middle of January.

pepekraft

Newly Enlightened
it was just on and off. a twist of the head would go between bright and dim modes. [...] id definately like the metal button, one mode and AA.

I've had the E3P and E3S, they're very nice. The closest thing I see right now is the Rofis ER12 SS. I haven't seen one in person, but if I'm reading it right this might be very similar to an E3S. Someone will correct me if that's wrong :)

I'm trying to think of other 1xAA lights with a metal switch cover where you don't have to cycle through modes. Maybe a Sunwayman V11R with the AA extension tube would work. That looks pretty sweet to me.

If the metal button cover wasn't a deal breaker, then you'd have other options. Foursevens QTA and Shiningbeam I-Mini come to mind, and there are a lot more.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish I could but Im 300 miles or more from the nearest Costco. 2.5 hours from the nearest Sams Club.
I'm working in the ND oilfield right now so I cant get out much. Most of what I buy is on Amazon or Ebay from my phone.
I also don't want something that is going to fail me because working out here way below zero and miles from nowhere.
If it was just an around the house EDC I might go with something cheaper but I want a bit of waterproofing and proven reliablity. On that note is there a kit to change the clicky's on those two lights from rubber to metal? Ive had problems with the rubber buttons getting oily and deteriorating due to the chemicals I work around.

I don't get a break until the middle of January.

Wolf do a range of lights for your industry.

Wolf Safety offers the widest range of ATEX and IECEx certified portable hazardous area lighting for safe use in potentially explosive atmospheres worldwide. The range includes explosion protected handheld straight and right-angled torches, headtorches and handlamps, including the renowned Wolflite Handlamp, with bulb and LEDs version for use with either primary cell or rechargeable batteries and chargers.

Prices are very good and most safety clothing stores carry them so maybe your company stores could source you one,there range is on there web site.

Last edited:

Poppy

Flashaholic
I lost my EDC which was a Jetbeam e3s. Sadly it looks like they have discontinued both the E3S and E3P. i would like to get a replacement with only one mode. t
The e3s i had was a metal button clicky which i liked and it was just on and off. a twist of the head would go between bright and dim modes. i cant stand going through bright, dim, strobe modes instead of just an off and on. any suggestions? id definately like the metal button, one mode and AA.

goinggear has the E3S in stock
looks like two modes high and low selected by twisting the head, loose/tight

jeremiahgus

Newly Enlightened
goinggear has the E3S in stock
looks like two modes high and low selected by twisting the head, loose/tight

yeah it show up on the going gear website but it also indicates out of stock, in red, just below the price. there are a lot of other online stores that have the same thing. i guess its just easier to leave the item and just put out of stock than removing it from the website.

Poppy

Flashaholic
sorry... i missed that.

How about the Thrunite T10S ?
Oops :( I think I misread how its UI works.

The Eagletac D25a clicky in stainless or Ti should work nicely for you.
It has a head loose programmable low, and head tight high.

Last edited:

jeremiahgus

Newly Enlightened
sorry... i missed that.

How about the Thrunite T10S ?
Oops :( I think I misread how its UI works.

The Eagletac D25a clicky in stainless or Ti should work nicely for you.
It has a head loose programmable low, and head tight high.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
I think that Thrunite T10S is pretty close.
I think Ill try that one for now and start picking up the other ones that were suggested later on to see how I like a lighter option. I have been carrying that E3S for so long I think if it doesn't have a bit of heft to it that it will feel a bit off to me for a while.

RUSH FAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jeremiah, sorry for your loss.
I have both the Jetbeam e3s, and the Thrunite t10s.
You can't go wrong with the t10s. A good substitute.