Klarus XT11 820 potential problem

Jaytaylor

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, I have just picked up a Klaus XT11 820 lumens and think it may be faulty.

The high beam is fine, as is the medium beam and strobe, the fault is with the low setting which starts to flicker in a random pattern about 5-20 seconds after switching to low.

Any insight into what could be causing this or is the torch simply faulty?

Many thanks.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the exact same issue with that light. Returned it for a new one and it did the same thing. Never could figure it out. Sucks because it was an awesome light had it worked properly. The spinning tac ring was one thing I never quite got along with. I was using Eagletac 3400 batteries.

Last edited:

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine did the same thing (I have the XML2 version pre new switch design). It was intermittent and then one day I had no modes, just on or off with the main button (high) so I pulled the tail cap apart and noticed that one of the very thin exposed wires that connect the mode switch had broken away so I got in there with a soldering iron and reconnected it to the switch and it works fine now.
It hadn't had any hard use (little use all round actually) and I'm not sure if what I had to fix has anything to do with the low mode flicker but I haven't noticed it for a while before or after the repair.
The XT11 is such a great light you would hope they would put a few extra cents in to sturdy up the guts on them but it seems to be the way with Chinese lights as great as they are.
I have a heap of lights from the Chinese makers which I love but the only lights in my collection that I would truly rely on are all American made.