Question on Klarus XT11S

Tim The Enchanter

Newly Enlightened
Hi Folks:

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how well this light maintains output on its "turbo" mode?

I found many reviews, but most of the relevant graphs were no longer available from the hosting sites.

I have a couple Fenix lights (PD32, 35, TK11) and the disappointment is (when running an 18650, of course), the voltage drops enough that I get maybe 20-25 min on "Turbo" before the thing drops out to level 4 (I am also looking for something with a little more throw). This was even true back with the Sanyo UR18650FMs which held their voltage really well through the discharge cycle!

I understand that there are also thermal limitations, but I would be looking at more intermittent operation on turbo . . . would just like to get more CUMULATIVE output at close-to-max when running turbo.

Thanks!

stephenk

Enlightened
The Klarus XT11S is a now very old light. There are many newer lights better heat handling and sustained brightness such as the Noctigon KR1 SST-40, Fenix E35 V3.0, or Convoy M21B SST-40.

3_gun

Enlightened
Might want to look at the Klarus EP10 v2. I have a 1st gen light which is pretty much the same specs. I don't know if it hits a true 1000L but I have run the light on high, nonstop for 40minutes without a step down or being able to see any dimming. Heat wasn't an issue either. You can find it for around $25 & it's a 18650. I've been really happy with mine.

Tim The Enchanter

Newly Enlightened
The Klarus XT11S is a now very old light. There are many newer lights better heat handling and sustained brightness such as the Noctigon KR1 SST-40, Fenix E35 V3.0, or Convoy M21B SST-40.
Thanks! I am not really worried too much about heat . . . mainly intermittent use. I am more curious about how it holds with respect to battery voltage. I did find one review that had some helpful information. I will check out your suggestions!

grinsefalle

Enlightened
The Klarus XT11s was introduced about 5 years ago. Since then, the led's and electronics made a noticeable step forward. Here is a review of the XT11s with runtime graphs using the 2600mAh rechargeables (today you can use well above 3000mAh with much higher drain):
reddit review
The links to the graphs are working, i just checked them.

In general I can recommend the XT-series of Klarus. I am still using one of the first XT11 and one of the first 360x1, my colleagues are using mostly XT2CR, and they are running flawless.

Michael

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Folks:

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how well this light maintains output on its "turbo" mode?

I found many reviews, but most of the relevant graphs were no longer available from the hosting sites.

I have a couple Fenix lights (PD32, 35, TK11) and the disappointment is (when running an 18650, of course), the voltage drops enough that I get maybe 20-25 min on "Turbo" before the thing drops out to level 4 (I am also looking for something with a little more throw). This was even true back with the Sanyo UR18650FMs which held their voltage really well through the discharge cycle!

I understand that there are also thermal limitations, but I would be looking at more intermittent operation on turbo . . . would just like to get more CUMULATIVE output at close-to-max when running turbo.

Thanks!
Hi, which version of TK11 are you referring to?
Old 450 lumens version (XP-G2)
TK11 version 2016 (XP-L-HI)
or the latest TK11 TAC?
I have all three lights, the new TK11 TAC seems to be able to maintain high power for a long time even if personally I have never done extensive tests.
You want me to measure if it can maintain the Turbo with a battery with a low voltage (how low?)

Edit:
If you are interested Fenix TK11 TAC graph is available

Last edited: