Eagletac D25c XM l2 Ti

brightsteve

Newly Enlightened
Hi all

I've just bought one of the above, love it so far. Slight issue though....

With a Nitecore CR123A, works fine, mode 1 turbo / strobe and mode 2 functions, memory mode.

With RCR123A with mode 1, tightened head No light at all but the loosened head mode 2 works.

Tried with two different brands of RCR's, AW's and another brand, have some Nitecore RCR's on order.
Has anyone else experienced this or know what's going on ? Help gratefully received.

Regards

Steve

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like the length of the rechargeables are preventing full tightening of the head so the battery tube edge can meet the brass outer contact ring on the circuit board. Rechargeables can vary in length from a primary CR123.

To test this, you can place a battery on the naked head + to + and run a wire or paperclip from the neg. batt. pad to both the outer brass contact ring AND the threads on the head (simultaneously).

KQL

Newly Enlightened
I had a d25lc2 that had weird mode behavior that was resolved by cleaning black goop off the positive contact in the head. It appeared that some thread lube/aluminum swarf had made its way onto the contact, effectively making the cells too long. Must by really close tolerance there.

brightsteve

Newly Enlightened
Reppans......

Reading your post and looking at the torch, does the battery short out the outer contacts in the head when its fully tightened then to get the two modes ?

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't own the C, but own A's and several other loose/tight bezel UIs - they all work the same. The negative electrical path is carried through the tube and reaches the head through the threads (for loose bezel modes), a combination of the threads AND TUBE EDGE (for tight bezel modes). Just look at the brass ring that would contact the tube edge when you fully tighten and you have it. HERE is an pic of the bypass test on a different light. Remember to touch both the threads and outer contact ring at the same time. (There may be an inner raised ring, but that is usually just physical reverse polarity protection - it doesn't nothing for this test.)

Last edited: