Cheap Lightweight P60 Host with Clip?

recDNA

Flashaholic
Is there an inexpensive, lightweight, P60 host with a forward clicky and a built in pocket clip? MUST be available through a US dealer. I do not like the Solarforce add on pocket clip. Built in clips are usually better. I would prefer something lighter and obviously cheaper than a C2. It must be aluminum though because I want to use the eagletac triple so must have decent ability to transfer heat so fiberglass won't work. MUST be available from US dealer.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I can't think of any with a built in clip except for the C2. Check and see what Lighthound has from overseas.
The thing I don't like about C2 is bezel up clip.That's why I sold mine. Entirely possible there is no host that meats my criteria. Just hoping.

I prefer deep carry but must at least be bezel down.

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
Between the tailcap and body/tube. Might need some o-rings to hold the clip firmly in place. What would be your price range? The clip has been posted up on the market place a few times for around $20 or so. Solarforce host would be $20 or so. $40 total, maybe?

Surefire also has a two way clip that can be used with the c2. Bezel down with that clip.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I didn't even know the C2 clip came off.

According to Promethius their clip only compatible with Solarforce L2 or L2T as well as Surefire of course.
I was hoping to find a cheap host with a built in clip. May simply not exist. I like the looks of Solarforce P1 because it is lightweight but I don't think it is compatible with any clip. The solarforce add on clip is horrible.

My experience with clips that go between tailcap and body is they somehow make light less dependable. You click and nothing. Then you take it apart and put it together and it works again....then at some future time another failure. I don't know why but I have repeatedly had the same problem.

Last edited:

lightmyfire13

Enlightened
I've a few P1 hosts with various p60 dropin including including triples with no heat issues. ..as to the clip I fitted a solarforce one by trimming the host both in length and width to fit (probably 0. 5mm each way)with hosts this cheap in price I don't mind experimenting
Just checked bought my P1s from SF for $19.99 to buy in UK would be $54 !!!!!!!

Last edited:

ParaShootist

Newly Enlightened
Cheap is kind of relative - reliable is what I'd be after. My "cheap" P60 hosts are SF G2 bodies with whatever accoutrements I need for the mission. I generally don't use clips – I'm kind of a lanyard guy. I use a Solarforce lanyard ring I got from Lighthound on a fluorescent yellow G2 body with black nitrolon bezel & tailcap and Malkoff M61LL for a nightstand flashlight. Its stone axe reliable. I've never had the ring between tailcap and body be a problem as there is plenty of room for the Z41 to make contact.

If it were me (since you must have aluminum), I'd pick up a 6P body/host, SF or Malkoff clickie tailcap and whatever bezel you'd need for the drop-in. If you're set against the very cheap SolarForce clip, Unique Titanium offers some others that would allow for bezel down carry starting at $8 and Raven (RCS) offers a G2 compatible clip for $14.99 (which looks pretty cool). These are at least some other ideas. Good hunting.

Last edited:

recDNA

Flashaholic
By cheap I meant $25 or under for entire kit including clip. Doesn't appear such a thing exists though. I am totally a clip guy. I have several Surefire hosts already. I don't find any comfortable for pocket carry. I don't like bezel up carry. I don't wish to spend a lot because I just want to experiment around with a toy without spending $ that prevent me from getting a new 219b triple Overready vented head flashlight when they're available. I also need to save funds for the next run of 4000k HDS XP-L.

I think the E1L was the only Surefire I felt comfortable carrying due to its bezel down deep pocket clip.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

AceOne

Newly Enlightened
What did you end up getting?

I'm all new to this, I also want something cheap with a good clip on it and am looking at the UltraFire WF-502B host - is there a reason this model was not on your list?

m4a1usr

Enlightened
One of those cheap UltraFire S15 lights might fit the ticket but your going to have to see if you can modify or disable the "zoom" feature. Or figure out if another head/bezel (like off a 502B) fits and than you would have exactly what you are seeking.

recDNA

Flashaholic
There is no flashlight that meets my criteria at this time. I doubt there ever will be so this thread is just outdated. The P60 genre is dying imo