1AA Dorcy 3 LED disassembly

robk

Enlightened
Anybody know how to disassemble the head on a Dorcy 1AA 3LED without destroying it? It appears that the lens is pressed (glued) in from the front, and if removed it will allow removal of the lamp assembly. I don't know whether to push from the back, or pry from the front! Also, I don't think there is room for a NX05 or Fraen LP, and the reflector is useless - any ideas?
Thanks for any tips,
Rob

danielo_d

Enlightened
Hey robk!

Not sure if this is what you need, but this thread might have what you need. Look for red_robby's instructions to MR BULK on disassy.
I'm have a 3LED Dorcy on order. I want to order a 1Watt LS to drop into it. Could you tell me how yours goes?

Good Luck!

Danno

robk

Enlightened
Thanks! That thread was a great help. I think I'll attempt it tomorrow night if it's not too cold in the garage (even in FL it is cold)
Rob

red_robby

Enlightened
robk,
the optics fit like a glove, the fraen, NX01, and NX05.
I've tried them all, IMHO the NX05 is the best choice for
this, the light is not bright enough for the fraen, I would use another light if I wanted throw, but with the NX05 you
some throw and very useful side spill...
good luck with the mod /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
PhotonBoy said:
Would an AA lithium cell overdrive the Luxeon? I've measured 5V, unloaded, between the contact spring and the body using an alkaline cell.

[/ QUOTE ]
No.