FCW-12 (Flashaholics Camping Weekend #12) is set for Sept 17-20, 2015 at Voorhees, NJ

Stan671

Enlightened
FCW-12 Flashaholics Camping Weekend is the 12th FCW and it is open to CPF members, family and friends!

Born out of the popular Photon Fest events, the FCW events have become an extremely successful series of flashaholic fun themselves. We must keep the tradition going.

WHEN: Thursday, September 17th - Sunday, September 20th, 2015 = 3 nights.

Check in time on Thursday 9/17 is no earlier than noon. Check out time is by noon on Sunday 9/20.

Should be wonderful cool camping weather.

WHERE: Voorhees State Park, Group Site A, 251 County Road Route 513, Glen Gardner, NJ 08809

Here is a link to the Voorhees State Park home page: http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandf.../voorhees.html

Here is the campsite map: http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandf...rhees-map.html

WHO: While this event is created for CPF members, family and friends are always welcome.

COST: The park has doubled it's fees to $100 per night for the group site, so we have to raise our rates a bit also. $25 per person to stay over one or more nights. $7 per person to visit for the day. Please RSVP on this thread or privately so I can know who to expect and how many. Then you can pay me via PayPal (PM me for the address) or pay cash when I see you.

We don't do this to make money, if there is any money left over (there never is) it will go towards giveaways, snacks, firewood, etc.

EQUIPMENT: Everyone will need to supply their own equipment or share or borrow from others.

FOOD:
Everyone is responsible for their own food and drink. Although there always seems to be lots of sharing.

CELL PHONES: Yes, cell phones work fine from the camp site.

WHAT TO DO: Along with the usual camping agenda of relaxing by a campfire, roasting marshmallows, etc., there is day hiking, night hiking, biking, and there is an observatory in the park.

In the Voorhees state park has the New Jersey Astronomical Association Paul Robinson Observatory Buzz Aldrin Astronomical Center with its primary telescope that has a 26 inch diameter mirror. This fantastic observatory has public nights every Saturday from 8:30-10:30 PM which includes an observatory tour and telescope viewing.

Day visitors are welcome: If you are not into sleeping in a tent or cannot commit to that kind of time, it is fun to just visit for the day and sit by the campfire and relax for a while.

Voorhees is a NJ state park, and therefore there is no alcohol allowed. No pets are allowed either.

Last edited:

Stan671

Enlightened
RSVP List:

Stan671 = 3 people for 3 nights
KartRacer31 = Setup Thursday, Stay Fri-Sun
Carrot, Dad, and Allan: Fri through Sun
sledhead: Saturday for sure

lefteye219: for a night or two, hopefully
jkid1911: Stop by for a day
TEEJ: Hopefully stop by
Roger Scully: Hopefully stop by Sat
Poppy: will try to make it
Poppy: Hopes to make it
Dizzy: try to make it and with his son

Last edited:

TEEJ

Flashaholic
This is only ~ an hour north of me, I might be able to at least stop by.

:party:

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
Opps! Picked the same date as my sportsman club event. I'll make a last minute decision for an evening visit and 1 day sleep over.

Bill W.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll also swing by for a day (Probably Sat) and part of the night before heading back to NYC.

jkid1911

Enlightened
I'm in for a day trip and would be happy to contribute $ either way. Thanks for putting this together!

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking to make it there by late Saturday afternoon/early evening, and stay overnight (will sleep in car).

One cause for concern though is, according to the website it seems bathroom facilities are, and will be closed, which could be a pottytential problem. Wondering if we'll need to do as the bears do.

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't make it to this one we have a event booked for the week :(
I'll miss you guys burn some hot dog bags for me

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great to hear about all the guys who can make it, and bummed to hear about those who can't. Yes, I saw that about the bathroom facilities, but they mentioned that they will have port-a-johns set up, so that should work out, and not be much different than some of the sites we have stayed out in the past.

Stan you can put me down for being there. I don't know yet for how many days/nights (that will depend on how my mom and uncle are doing), but I will be there.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Tim,
Sorry to hear about your mom and uncle. I hope that they recover well, and they do so, quickly.

Thanks for getting this started. I can't easily plan that far in advance, but I hope to make it.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Kart - I missed what happened to your Mom and Uncle, they OK?

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
A special thanks to everyone who has been asking about my family. For those of you who don't know - my mom had a brain aneurism rupture, which lead to massive stroke and she nearly died. The doctors were amazed she pulled through and that she was making such a positive recovery, then during some normal followups the docs noticed that the coil stent they placed inside of her brain was coming undone, which was really bad news. So she had to have another brain surgery, which she just had this past week. Fortunately the new surgery went well, and she is again on the road to recovery. During all this my uncle (my mom's brother) had another stroke (he had one several years ago which left him in a reduced capacity). Since my uncle is single, my mom had been helping him get along. With my mom needing care herself, my sister and I have been working around the clock to get things done for both of them. So that's it in a nutshell, and again, many thanks for all those who have been asking how things are going. You thoughts and well wishes are much appreciated. --Tim

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thoughts and prayers too you Tim!

As for the trip, right now I'll be their Saturday for sure. Not sure if I can camp yet.
Looking forward to it!

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Tim,

My sincerest wishes for a speedy recovery for your family!

My mom-in-law also survived a burst aneurism in her brain, and they then found some unburst ones too, inoperable though. She too wasn't supposed to have lived, yet, she went on a very long time afterwards until she died of unrelated causes.

My wife has had a series of strokes, and went from being unable to walk or speak, to being able to, albeit with some difficulties still...so I can also sympathize with that scenario.

You have a long row to hoe my friend, and, I wish you good luck!

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Road trip? Road trip. :)

Lol, Vorhees Sleepaway Camp! All we have is flashlights! :)