Learned my lesson- zebralight

jdhermit

Newly Enlightened
RESOLVED. Zebralight handled my questions well and light is received. And loved.

Usually purchase all my stuff from GG.
they don't sell/stock zebra light, it doesn't appear.
So ordered an SC5 direct from ZL.
Ordered 6 days ago, heard nothing so contacted them, and THEN they shipped it out.
Supposed to arrive here today, it didn't.
Now waiting for the stinking USPS to respond to an inquiry.

Won't make that mistake again.
Maybe I'm too used to Amazon, who *usually* ships on time.
Or GG, whom I've NEVER had a problem with.

Vent over. ;)

Last edited:

tonkem

Enlightened
Not making any excuses for them, that is Zebralight, but they are in the middle of several new product launches, and the Chinese new year. I have to exercise patience when ordering from them, but I either wait for items to be in stock or pre order from them, so delays are sometimes expected. Illumn.com sometimes has them, and they are great to deal with. GG has not carried Zebras for quite a number of years, they could not keep them in stock, and I assume they did not like their customers asking so much about them, and when they would be back in stock. Similar to HDS lights, I am sure.

Usually purchase all my stuff from GG.
they don't sell/stock zebra light, it doesn't appear.
So ordered an SC5 direct from ZL.
Ordered 6 days ago, heard nothing so contacted them, and THEN they shipped it out.
Supposed to arrive here today, it didn't.
Now waiting for the stinking USPS to respond to an inquiry.

Won't make that mistake again.
Maybe I'm too used to Amazon, who *usually* ships on time.
Or GG, whom I've NEVER had a problem with.

Vent over. ;)

jdhermit

Newly Enlightened
Well, will hope I get it at some point. ;) first zebra, so hoping I like it.
chance- I'd like to support FourSevens. But can't. My first foray into lights was a quark.
Not a good experience. It sits in a drawer, unused, to this day to remind me.
I like the company, and they are within driving distance of me. But don't think I could spend money there again. :(

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suggest you never order a custom built light. I have one I have been waiting almost a year for. Worst part is, it isn't really that custom. Back to you, maybe one day ZL will be on the Fortune 500 list and offer same day drone delivery?

jdhermit

Newly Enlightened
To clarify- I'm not bad mouthing FourSevens at all. Just didn't have a good experience w them.

Str8- sorry, not sure how to take your comments. :) No, I don't guess I'd order a custom light...probably too impatient.

phosphor22

Enlightened
Wanted to add that when I ordered from ZL they shipped to me very quickly; Bright Guy did too.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
To clarify- I'm not bad mouthing FourSevens at all. Just didn't have a good experience w them.

Str8- sorry, not sure how to take your comments. :) No, I don't guess I'd order a custom light...probably too impatient.

No worries, I don't even know what I meant! ha!!

jdhermit

Newly Enlightened
I think amazon spoils us all! :) :) :)
Wonder how good they are in the long run for the economy, but that's a different post. ;)

bykfixer

Flashaholic
When I was a kid a cereal maker was selling a special edition hot wheels car.
4 box tops and a buck 99 later my mom sent in the deal, special form, box tops and a check for $1.99. Offer stated allow 3 weeks for check to clear.
A month goes by and we get the envelope back saying insufficient postage. See back then you licked a stamp to make it sticky. It had fallen off. Ugh!
Scotch tape over stamp 2 and off it went again.

All this began in the summer, now it's Christmas. No hot wheel car. Mom had forgotten all about it. But I hadn't. I talked her into sending a letter. A month later...nothing. So she sends one certified...after all we're talking a buck 99 here. You didn't ignore my mom without reprocusions.

Well at some point the little car shows up. Some piece of junk that wasn't even a genuine hot wheels car.

I guess my point here is when it's only been 6 days I don't get excited.

But I will say that Amazon thing is pretty cool. Overall I'm pretty satisfied with most shippers their sellers provide. However when the 'shipped' notification indicates Fed-Ex or DHL, I roll my eyes and put away any thoughts of it arriving before the 'arrives by' date.

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
My first foray into lights was a quark.
Not a good experience. It sits in a drawer, unused, to this day to remind me.

Sorry this is off-topic but your profile is set to not receive PMs so I've got no other way to contact you. If you'd like to sell that unused Quark then shoot me a PM.

To get back on topic, I've also ordered direct from Zebralight and it only took a couple of weeks to arrive. That's acceptable, for me. I also mess with quite a bit of "budget" Chinese lights that come direct from China and take many weeks to arrive. For that matter I've had a very expensive HDS Rotary on order for months now. Its only coming from Arizona but its gotta be built first.

I didn't start out this patient, however. In fact I'm still not. I have to work at it. As an Amazon Prime member I'm used to getting anything I want in 2 days or less, but that's just not always an option with flashlights.

jdhermit

Newly Enlightened
Ok. Tail between legs. Received today. And emails w ZL were VERY prompt. Received 7 days from order, and I think USPS was the delay.
And...BTW...I LOVE LOVE this light. Just stinking outstanding!
I will go order another ZL to make up for the bad thoughts earlier.
:)

Swamplite

Newly Enlightened
My experience with ZL was my order was received in four days.I also thought I had a problem and sent an email asking questions.I received a phone call the next day answering my questions and it turned out the problem was me and not the light.I consider that a better than usual experience considering my past dealings with other companies.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Ok. Tail between legs. Received today. And emails w ZL were VERY prompt. Received 7 days from order, and I think USPS was the delay.
And...BTW...I LOVE LOVE this light. Just stinking outstanding!
I will go order another ZL to make up for the bad thoughts earlier.
:)

Maybe you could add an edit to the OP to show that the service was actually quite good and that the light is also. Frankly, I don't see what the complaint was to begin with. Seven days order to door really isn't that unreasonable.

jdhermit

Newly Enlightened
Edited, good suggestion.
But as info - I paid to have it shipped 2 day. It was 4 days. That was my problem. Which was resolved.

nbp

Flashaholic
Edited, good suggestion.
But as info - I paid to have it shipped 2 day. It was 4 days. That was my problem. Which was resolved.

Gotcha; didn't know you paid for expedited shipping. At any rate, I'm glad you got the light and are pleased with it. That is the most important part! Go slay some darkness! ;)