Internal LED bulbs for Sienna

akatsuki

Newly Enlightened
I want to change out some of the internal bulbs in my Sienna to brighter LEDs - the cargo light being one example where when the gate is open, it is just too dark to find all that kid crap that falls in there. I want the light to still feel natural, so I am pretty drawn to the Philips X-Treme Vision 4000K LEDs (they do a T10 and a 30mm festoon style).

But they are pretty expensive ($10 each+)

Anyone able to recommend a cheaper alternative that will stay true to color? A lot of the cheap bulbs seems to either be 5K+ or start low but as they are used get more blue.

Thanks in advance!

GaryM

Newly Enlightened
I've bought led interior bulbs on Amazon. They work fine. Good or cheap, I'm not sure which they are but they do work.

Funny to read some of the reviews where folks complain that some of them don't work. 😨 Of course all they need to do is turn them around.

don.gwapo

Enlightened
All of our 6 car interior light is Philips LED, they are expensive but they are really good. Color is true white not towards blue that cheap LED emits.

akatsuki

Newly Enlightened
All of our 6 car interior light is Philips LED, they are expensive but they are really good. Color is true white not towards blue that cheap LED emits.

Just realized each reading light in back has two separate lights.

I think Philips are out, I would be well over $200 in led bulbs - something like 18 W5W/194/T10s, and that doesn't even finish all the lights.

Hell, even Superbrightleds is crazy expensive at $6 a bulb.

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
If they are the "194" type wedge-based bulbs, I've used and like the Sylvania LEDriving 168/194/2825 replacement. They're listed as 6000k but visually look pure white to me. I recalled that mine were not polarity sensitive and operated either way in the socket.

Works very well in the trunk of a Camry and the round "map lights" above the front seats on a GM truck. Also tried them in the license plates lights but they seem too bright for that purpose.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
If they are the "194" type wedge-based bulbs, I've used and like the Sylvania LEDriving 168/194/2825 replacement.

That's a good bulb, yes. But even at a discount price it's still more expensive than the Philips (which comes in a 2-pack). Outside the US/Canada, both Osram and Philips offer a wider variety of color temperatures, including 4000K and 8000K (yuck); looks like all three options are available on Amazon but at $20+ for a 2-pack. Osram has a strange amber version, but then things start to get even stranger, because there's a totally different, clear-top amber 168 from Sylvania, that is this one. And there's a white (6000K) version of it, both at lower prices.