Imalent hr20

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just saw it on a ad here on cpf.
Things that i find interesting. Usb charging. The reflector looks a bit deeper than the typical zebra, combined with a xp-l hi (claimed 14500cd). I prefer floody headlamps, but some tape will fix that. And the most interesting bit, the adjusteble output. Controlled by turning a knob. The dimming function looks really-really interesting, kind of like having a v10-r on the head :) Anyone tested it?

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got mine today from a group buy. So far, I like it, (for the group buy price.) But it's FAR form waterproof. I would rate it: Not waterproof at all.. Just unscrewed the tailacp, put my lips over it, and blew some air into the light, and there is little resistance, the air is escaping around the wheel for adjusting the output. Cant do that with a waterproof light, so it's defently not waterproof... Im not even goint to take it with me into the shower for a test, like i do with any other light i buy.
I like that it's usb rechargeble, cant detect any pwm, the wheel for ajusting brighness, and the tint was good. Battery and usb cable was included.
Dont like thats it,s not waterproof. I guess im going to use it at work, where i have a roof over my head. And use other, waterproof, headlamps on fhishing trips etc...

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dont think so. Not sure, got mine yesterday, so today im using it at work. Found out by accident it has a strobe mode. Long press fom off, and it will strobe. Im used to long press from my zebralights. Used some tape on the lense for a less throwy beampattern. Notice some flicker when i got it in a lower output....

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Used it for a week at work now. Found out the flickering is just there if you rotate the knob and stop it between two brightness steps. Dont think it's flickering on/off, but between the two different brightness steps. So it's not a huge issue. The few times this happens, i just fine adjust the knob, and its gone. The battery is running low, and the light is dim now. Protection on the battery has not yet kicked in, but i can tell the battery is getting low on the output. My cheap multimeter says 2,69V, so time for a recharge.
Got several blinky modes, long click from off. strobe-sos-beacon, something like that (dont care about the blinky stuff) Bezel can be unscrewed, and it's easy to access the led and reflow a new led in there if i want to.

Last edited:

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Removed the usb charging cable today, and the top fell off. Was two droplets of glue holding it in place.. Glued it back on... Just shows this thing is far from waterproof to 2 meters..
tmp_9398-DSC_0534-1715926962_zpsk0g5kvnu.jpg

Latest posts