Pict request: D3 with A19

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just exactly what the subject says...looking for photos of the D3 with an A19 attached to it.

Al? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't have that one but here is a 6P with two A-19's and a KT2 Turbo head.
P12%2020.JPG

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
BugLightGeek said:
won't that setup cause too much resistance for the bulb in the KT2?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would it? There is a lot of positive metal to metal contact where the A19 mates with the body and tailcap of the flashlight, at least 6-7 threads. I can't see any significant (or even measurable with a common multi-meter) resistance being added with two A19's. I currently run one A19 on a 9P with a Turbohead, and have done so for quite awhile. No problems at all.

-Keith

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just remember reading on here somewhere about using more than 1 A19 and having it add too much resistance to the higher output bulb so that the light was more yellow than normal...

It might have been Al that talked about it and trying to use as "few joints as possible" but I could be mistaken.

JTVIAT - what bulb are you running in your 12v setup?

Size15's

Flashaholic
I passed on advice from PK regarding having the minimum number of joints.

Worst case I think was somebody wanted to use the 3P as a base with three A19's and put a TurboHead on it and run the N62 lamp.

It's not a matter of "too much". It's more a case of "you may notice you don't get the best performance in terms of brilliance for longest" compared to an M4 or 12PM...

If you are happy then go for it with the combination you have.

Al

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
BugLightGeek said:

JTVIAT - what bulb are you running in your 12v setup?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have all three 12volt lamps MN60, MN61 and N62 I have tested this set up
along side my 12PM with the MN60's and SRTH on both and do not notice I difference to my eye's, I also use Nye 759G on the joints. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif