Tikka LED Headlamp by Petzl???

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

Has anyone tried the new Tikka LED headlamp by Petzl? It has 3 white LED lamps and runs on three AAA batteries. They claim 100+ hours of runtime. A local sporting good store has them for $34.00 which didn't seem too bad. The thing that suprized me is how small and light it is compared to most regular headlamps. Has anyone actually used one or has it been previously reviewed by anyone??? I already have a princeton tec solo, but like the thought of run times greater than a few hours! Any info would be helpful. Thanks!

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look no further than the Punishment Zone for a review!

<center> http://ledmuseum.home.att.net/petz1.htm </center>

(hey Craig- what`s up? The pics are all broken!)

grin.gif
tongue.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris Millinship:
Look no further than the Punishment Zone for a review!

<center> http://ledmuseum.home.att.net/petz1.htm </center>

(hey Craig- what`s up? The pics are all broken!)

grin.gif
tongue.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Houston, I think we have a problem...
frown.gif

I've had widespread problems all over the site, related to my server randomly deleting files, and to the earthquake, which destroyed all my local copies along with the computer they were on. Looks like I'll have to reshoot the whole page.
mad.gif

After our building inspection tomorrow, I'll see what I can do.
blush.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>(hey Craig- what`s up? The pics are all broken!)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like I may have spoken too soon.
I found copies on the "fishwater survivor" drive, and just uploaded a fresh set to that page. As of fifteen seconds ago, all the pictures are there.
grin.gif

StuU

Enlightened
The 3 led headlamps work quite well. I just recently converted an older REI headlamp to led with a home-made 4AA battery pack. I measured the light as drawing 63ma or 21ma/led using 100ohm individual resistors. Faceted reflector. The 3 5600mcd leds are heatsinked tho this is probably not necessary.
Being a hiker, I've tested this thing in dark woods and would recommend the 3 led headlamps for 90% of outdoor activities. Of course, it won't illuminate a far hillside or the far reaches of a cave. Works well for repair work where both hands are needed. You might want to try out a headlamp before buying as blinding downward glare can be a problem with some headlamps.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

24 LED/Krypton bulb Headlamp Conversion.
Check this out! A conversion of a Petzl Duo (dual beam hi/low headlamp) with the low beam converted to 24 LEDs with switchable resisters. http://www.montage.co.nz/led/default.htm
The inventor is not me but Steve Raynes, apparently a caver.
Walter

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like to check Inner Mountain Outfitters every other month or so. He seems to keep up on factory offerings suited for caving. He carries the Petzl Tikka. And he also as an LED section. There's a 20 LED conversion for the Duo. But I don't think it's as engineered as the one Walter posted.

17-1540b.JPG

17-1540e.jpg