need help with battery recommendation (can't get skylumen suggested batts in the UK)

chasg

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,

I've just bought two flashlights from Vinh at Skylumen, and he's recommended batteries that I can't seem to source in the UK.

Can someone recommend to me a battery that gets close to these specs that I can buy in the UK? (eBay, amazon, direct order etc).

I'll be using them to power these two flashlights:

Eagletac M30CvnT

Noctigon M43vn

Thanks very much for any help!

Chas

HC-B

Newly Enlightened

mjgsxr

Enlightened
It might mean that the real cell length is 70mm long with the added pcb. An unprotected 18650 would measure 65mm long.

Check on fenix website what the max cell length the light will accept.

Maybe some owers of a PD35 will chime in with some advice.

HC-B

Newly Enlightened
It might mean that the real cell length is 70mm long with the added pcb. An unprotected 18650 would measure 65mm long.

Check on fenix website what the max cell length the light will accept.

Maybe some owers of a PD35 will chime in with some advice.

Ah, thanks.
I have now dredged just a little bit more and came across a review of the torch by "candle lamp" where he says:

"The PD35 TAC is slightly shorter than the PD35. The head of the PD35 TAC is shorter than the other lights, but the battery tube is slightly longer. This gives you an extra length to insert the really longer 18650 protected cell comfortably."

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...uot-2015-(XP-L-V5-1x18650-or-2xCR123A)-Review

Incidentally, I apologise to the OP for crashing into this thread.

chasg

Newly Enlightened
That's an awesome recommendation, thanks so much!

My google-fu has really failed me on this one, I searched and searched, and didn't find that site myself. Just goes to show: it's who you know :)

Thanks again!

Chas

Hi Chas

www.ecoluxshopdirect.co.uk is a great place to buy in the uk.

I would pick the Samsung 30Q 3000mah button top batteries. They work well in a M43vn and have good performance. See link below

http://ecoluxshopdirect.co.uk/batte...op-cylindrical-rechargeable-battery-pink.html

Lexel

Enlightened
There are 3 great batteries out there
Samsung 30Q
LG MJ1
LG HG2

at 8 A and above MJ1 is not an option anymore as that is the manufactors max current
and even at 5A it looses performance
IMG_0527.PNG

chasg

Newly Enlightened
my final choice: from Ecolux

Hi All,

Just thought I'd let you know I ordered a set of Samsung 30Q batteries (unprotected, button top) from Ecolux (as recommended :)

Thanks for all the info and the help!

Chas

brighterthanthesun

Enlightened
Re: my final choice: from Ecolux

For what it is worth, the battery recommended by Vinh is the LG-INR 3500mA mj1. The 30Q batteries you ordered will provide a higher output, but have a lower capacity of 3,000mA.

ven

Flashaholic

30Q's are great, I use them in a number of different lights/applications and have had excellent results.

chasg

Newly Enlightened

Thanks @brighterthanthesun, that's good info. I would've liked to have the higher capacity over the output (as long as it gives what the flashlight needs, of course), but the 30Q's were the best I could source here.

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agree with the 30Qs (which are available in a button top), and the NCR18650GA from Sanyo/Panasonic up to 10A. Above 10A go for the 30Q. The new VTC6 from Sony is in line with the 30Q for performance, but it's hard to beat the price of the 30Q. I also keep finding reasons to buy more of them. [emoji106]

Lexel

Enlightened
The VTC6 got bad reviews for cell life, reports from 80% after less than 50 cycles