question about remove blue coating on the bulbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

RR187

Newly Enlightened
on a +1xx% bulb we can see some kind of blue band , from my knowledge it makes bulb put more light on the important part of road and at the same time make sure the total lumen output doesn't exceed restriction, for a H4 bulb that is no more than 1150lumen on low beam, so my question is if i use a knife to remove this blue coating to get more output, is it going to lose uv block function, i mean what kind of method have been used to block UV, on the philips's webpage it talks about the use of UV-Quartz glass, what about osram, also UV-Quartz glass or maybe some kind of coating? and i live in germany,is this modification against law. i'm sorry about my english, i hope you get my point.

Last edited by a moderator:

KXA

Newly Enlightened
Don't! Halogen bulbs are under pressure. (You'll need eye protection if you do.)

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
at the same time make sure the total lumen output doesn't exceed restriction
Correct. For this reason, removing the coating could endanger yourself and others by increasing glare.

Don't do this.
Rule 11
You agree, through your use of this BB, that you will not post any material which is illegal or which promotes activity that is illegal or could reasonably be foreseen to threaten any person's safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.