Eneloops in Costco

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Costco deal is real. I got 2x10 packs of Eneloops, AA, latest-greatest date code apparently, $20 per pack or $2 per cell.
that's as good as it gets. It does not come with that stupid charger or AAA cells that I don't use.

samgab

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice. The Japanese-made ones are proven in tests to out-perform and outlast the Chinese-made variants, even if they are marked as the same generation.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do they have "Made in Japan" or "Made in China" printed on them?

I think that the Chinese sourced Eneloops are meant for Asia and Oceania and not the US markets.

I've seen the AA packs, the AAA packs and the new AA/AAA/55 charger packs in my Costco.

I'm good right now, but it's nice to see. $20, $20 and $30, IIRC, for last Thursday.

Chris

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Capacity is reduced to 1900 mAh and the number of cycled upped from 1800 to 2100. That pretty blue color.

so they say, or it could be just marketing. I just recently in the last year phased out all the generation 1 eneloops I got in the era when they were becoming popular on CPF.

DavisonDave

Newly Enlightened
I was at Costco today. They had the 10 AA and 12 AAA packs $3 off so $16.99 each until June 16.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was at Costco today. They had the 10 AA and 12 AAA packs $3 off so $16.99 each until June 16.

I've got to go to my Costco today for a prescription and I'll look. That's a pretty good deal. $10 per quad, shipped, is about the best price I've bought them for (older Gen. 2s) if you look around, so that's about $7.26 per four pack, out the door.

Chris

ChibiM

Enlightened
Capacity is reduced to 1900 mAh and the number of cycled upped from 1800 to 2100. That pretty blue color.

so they say, or it could be just marketing. I just recently in the last year phased out all the generation 1 eneloops I got in the era when they were becoming popular on CPF.

Reduced? They have been 1900mAh since 2005 for AA ;)
Never reduced :p