Impressions about Orchatorch T11, the mini tactical flashlight

nickdano

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone, today I'm going to write to you about my small tactic 1xAA, Orcatorch brand:

T11 High Performance Mini Tactical

PACKAGE

This little tactic / edc comes in a white and orange cardboard box, where the name, brand and torch data are imprinted; on the front side, there is a window that allows you to see the torch.

Inside, in addition to the torch, we find: 2 replacement oring, lanyard, sheath and a small manual in Chinese and English.
The clip is already inserted in the torch body.

DATA AND RUNTIME

This little tactic has 4 levels, plus strobe light and SOS; in sequence, their lumen output is 190-80-30-10
The strobe and SOS are both 190 lumens.

The runtime of this little item is very high, relatively of: 2h 36min, 7h 36min, 19h 48min, 60h (I have not yet been able to test the actual duration of the levels). Strobe and SOS duration data are not reported.

Considering Turbo-level, this mini tactic, reaches 106 m. (ANSI / NEMA FL1 data, and then around half the eyesight); this is because the torch, like all the tactics, has a head larger than the body and the small XP-G2 R5 led.
All of this is surrounded by a resistance to 1.5m impacts and IPX-8 level (immersion up to 2m).
THE TORCH

It has slightly larger dimensions than the other mono AA, which I have (e.g. the Olight S15) as it is longer and has a larger head; these are the torch data:

105mm (length) x 23mm (diameter) x 25mm (head)

All this in the small weight of 54.4g (battery excluded); about the weight factor I have to say that the torch, (despite its size) seems to be lighter than the Olight S15, which is smaller in size (perhaps due to the type of material used or the thicknesses).

It is made of aeronautical aluminum, about the thicknesses I have not been able to measure with a caliber, but by eye is about millimeter.

Anodizing is perfect in every detail, on the head there is a written (with not well-defined edges) that indicates the brand, model and website.

In my opinion, anodizing, although well done, is very thin and is not difficult to remove (especially in the most exposed areas such as bezel and tailcap).

Here you are some photos of the torch, and some comparison with: Nitecore MT22A; Armytek Partner C1; MagLite 2C

The body can be divided into two parts, that is the tailcap and the body of the torch with its head fixed.
At the tailcap there is a mechanical key (the only button of the torch) that allows the switch on, switching off and changing the levels; there are also two protuberances that allow you to put the torch in the candle position.
Moreover, on one of these there are also holes for inserting the lanyard.

On the negative side, there is a spring (I think gold-plated) with a decent elasticity; on the positive one, however, there is no spring.

The threads are anodized and well made, they have a smooth and fairly long run; they get already well fattened. At the base of the thread there is an oring, which is also well fattened, which should allow impermeability to the IPX8.
On the body of the mini tactic is inserted, just below the oring, the removable metal clip (which offers a good grip) pointing towards the torch head.
The non-slip knurling is well defined but, in my opinion, does not offer a good grip and is pretty slippery.

There are grooves on the head to allow the torch and the antiroll (as they are "squared") to be cooled, with a depth of about 1mm (if not lower).
For glass protection, with anti-reflection treatment, there is the bezel; which appears to be fixed, although there is a groove at the base of the bezel, about where the glass is.

The parabola is smooth, with no flaws, and it is deep enough (this, in addition to a tiny led, gives a remarkable shot to the little one); at the end of which there is perfectly centered the small XPG2 R5 led, inserted in a pit (placed about 2mm below the reflective part of the parable).

I add that there is no cigar grip, which for me is a must on a tactic, but it does not make much sense to a torch of this size; even if it would be appreciated.

OPERATION

This small mono AA tactic works thanks to a primary battery or a rechargeable NiMH. It is completely commanded by the button on tailcap; by clicking the torch, it starts to the low level. If you want to cycle the levels (low-medium-high-turbo-strobe-sos) you need: either turn it off and on quickly, or (once switched on) click the button slightly (without getting to the bottom, to the click).
There is no momentary on, which in my opinion is obligatory on tactics; And there is no memory of the selected level, so the torch will always light up at the low level.
The button offers a good tactile feed, has a fairly long run and has a great resistance.
Here are some photos of the torch in my hand:

PAINT AND BEAM

The light shade that this torch offers is a beautiful coolwhite without dominant light blue, I must say that it is pretty pleasing to the eye (even into the wild).
The beam is tight enough, with a well-marked spot; the spill (holding the torch parallel to the ground and about one meter high) starts at approximately 180 cm from the feet.
Following a turbo-level Beamshot, with a sign at about 50m.

SHEALTH AND LANYARD

The sheath is made of synthetic fabric and elastic lateral sidebands that allow to hold resistance to the torch and keep it still (the sheath does not have velcro closures or buttons, it remains open). In the front, there is a piece of fake leather with the trademark of the house. The seams are not the best, as at different points, you notice the threads getting out of the seam.

The lanyard seems well made, although in my opinion, the plastic part that joins it with the thinner thread that needs to be fixed to the tailcap, leaves something to be desidered.

Here are some photos of the torch inserted in the sheath:

PROS
-Shot
- ease of use
-Clip
-Lightness
-very handy

CONS
-Anodizing
-Sheath
-Momentary on
-Lanyard

COCNLUSION

Finally, the torch is well done, the lack of grip due to the knurling is compensated by the clip, which gives it enough grip.
Despite the lightness, this mini tactic gives me a sense of thickness, though the anodizing is not very resistant. What I really do not like is that this little torch misses of the momentary on; I also find that the way of cycling levels and sequences of these is not suitable for a tactic.
It can be a good EDC in spite of its size, which it could be useful in a purse/bag during the winter-over.

DO YOU RECOMMEND?

Yes, I would recommend (like EDC) to all those people who approach the world of flashlights for the first time, just because of its ease of use.

I would like to make it clear that what I've written above is just my impressions.

Unfortunately, I can not provide any other data as I do not have the right equipment, I hope to be able to buy all the material in order to make reviews and write impressions as accurate as possible.

I take the opportunity to thank all the members of the forum who will take a few minutes to read my humble impressions and leave comments, advice, criticism and questions.

Greetings to you all. :):wave:

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
What I really do not like is that this little torch misses of the momentary on; I also find that the way of cycling levels and sequences of these is not suitable for a tactic.

Thanks for all your work on the review! I think you nailed it with this -- the UI is not suitable for a tactical light, and if judged as a tactical light, should be avoided. But, no reason it can't be a fine EDC light if you like the UI, it has other interesting strengths

TCY

Enlightened
Thank you for your work. I'm surprised to see that its runtimes are on par with that of a Zebralight which is known for its crazy driver efficiency, and actually beats ZL's runtime on the 10-ish lumen mode (10lm for 60 hrs vs. H53w's 12 lumens for 41 hrs). If this doesn't include the step downs this might just be the new runtime king.

nickdano

Newly Enlightened
Thanks joe and tcy for the compliments. I agree with you about the fact that this could be a good EDC flashlight. About the runtime i didnt have the time to test it. But i can make sure that a single lithium battery lasts a lot of time (on high mode).