Maeerxu EDC Mini......Anyone know anything about these?

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maeerxu EDC Mini

Looking for "the good"..."the bad"...and "the ugly" on this brand....and specific flashlight.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have no experience with Maeerxu. I can see they make cheap copies of expensive USA models such as Barrel Flashlight, and Hanko lights. I do not know anything about the actual differences between the Originals and the copies.

Screen Shot 2023-06-30 at 1.25.49 PM.png

I've received one of those Barrel knockoffs in a trade bundle before. By principle I would never buy a knockoff and especially this one. The UI was a mess and the inner sleeve was supposed to be removable to allow for 16340 use. However the thing was practically press fit into the outer housing and impossible to remove. Even if I could remove it, the battery would be visible from the cheese grater holes, thus completely vulnerable to any moisture. It also raised the question of if the light with the sleeve was water resistant at all.

Maybe they updated some features, but a knockoff is still a knockoff.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could this [cheap knockoff] also be said about the Lumintop?

Yeah, I can see how the holes in the tube could be problematic. Even if it turned out to be water resistant, I could see how those holes would be a nightmare to keep cleaned out.

What about Imalent flashlights? Are those considered poor quality or are they okay?