Which should I stock up on?

brawler1588

Newly Enlightened
So I have been out of the flashlight game for about a year and the new technology and higher Amp batteries is new to me. I own the p12, pd35, tn12, ld50, mh20, and a few other lights. These all use the 18650 batteries and I have the nitecore fenix and olight batteries which I hear are just button top Panasonic's. I have a few lights on my list that u would like to buy and they push the 2000 lumens mark with a single battery like the concept 1, ec23, mr2 warrior, eagletac t25lr and all them say to use 8amp for turbo to function so what batteries do I get for them will the higher Amp batteries work just as well in those other lights and stock up on those or stock up on each for the different flashlights. Any Input would be very helpful thank you

ven

Flashaholic
Several choices, button top sanyo GA cells which are 10a 3500mah. I would get button top samsung 30Q or vtc6, maybe from imr batteries if USA side. The higher rated cells(15a/20a) will get you into turbo when the voltage is lower than the 8a and 10a cell. Bang for buck, the 30Q are a good cell imo.

brawler1588

Newly Enlightened
Several choices, button top sanyo GA cells which are 10a 3500mah. I would get button top samsung 30Q or vtc6, maybe from imr batteries if USA side. The higher rated cells(15a/20a) will get you into turbo when the voltage is lower than the 8a and 10a cell. Bang for buck, the 30Q are a good cell imo.
For those lights do they have to be irm never used them is it a better cell?

ven

Flashaholic
IMR,INR etc is the mix of chemistry, higher drain cells can of course take higher loads. Now some lights(ones you have listed) dont require really high drain cells. But they can still benefit from them, when cell voltage gets lower, say 3.5v or so. As a less rated cell would suffer more voltage sag, the turbo would not be sustained and drop out, maybe not even get. Just a rough example, also you can charge/top off at higher charge rates if time is not on your side. I still have the odd few protected cells in use, but by far the majority are high drain. As most lights these days have low voltage protection, the chances of taking a cell bellow 2.5v(dependent on manufacturers min spec) would take some doing. I get into the practice of regular topping off the cells(back to 4.2v) on lights i use regular. Very rare i get much bellow 3.5v when placed on the charger, but i am also good to go for next use. So not always necessarily better, but better suited for a specific application (higher ask light) then yes.

That is my opinion, any new cells these days tend to be 30Q or vtc6 of late(LG i have been told from a reputable source are hard to get in a good grade................not much if any left other than ageing cells with not much info regarding storage times and temps been stored in!).

For a good do it all cell, the sanyo GA fits the bill, but the 30Q imo is also a good choice. Depending on the load ask of it(how many amps the flashlight demands when pushed), the 30Q or the vtc6 make a better choice.

One light for an example i use is the sc63w, now ZL recommend flat top and sanyo GA cell/s. I use a 30Q in mine with great results.............