Surefire Stiletto + SHOT 2018 video

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was watching this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrqHv0gHzCs Youtube report from Surefire's booth at Shot Show 2018, nothing we haven't already seen except for the Surefire Stiletto which looks like a big Sidekick with 650 lumens, tailcap button + side button and programmable output/interface. It's around the 11:10 mark on the video. MSRP 109$.

tdrjm0F.jpg

vhpBgtL.jpg

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
In the video at 11:32 (link) using the included pocket clip, it sits almost two inches out of his pocket! Here's hoping somebody offers a deep carry clip for this thing.

Up All Night

Enlightened
Not completely down in his pocket. If you check it out at 11:29 it looks like there would be about half an inch of exposure when fully seated.

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
As mentioned in the video, the SureFire DBR Guardian does have the USB-C port for recharging. The Guardian's USB-C port can also be used to charge your phone according to the product description in online listings.

A rechargeable lithium polymer battery not only powers both beams of light, it feature a USB-C connector for taking a charge and also to charge small devices at 5 Volts with a current range of 1.5-2A (0.5A from a USB 2.0 source).

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
As mentioned in the video, the SureFire DBR Guardian does have the USB-C port for recharging. The Guardian's USB-C port can also be used to charge your phone according to the product description in online listings.
Yes, it is strange that they chose to not use the same connector across all models. I still say it would have been better to stick with Micro USB until Type C becomes more common. But, then again, someone has to start switching over sometime.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
These type of plastic keychain lights just seem like disposable gimmicks to me.
The Stiletto and Guardian aren't keychain lights. They are fairly large flashlights with built in batteries, chargers, and a powerbank function(for the Guardian). I don't see them as gimmicks personally as they give the option of built in charging on the go and would make great rechargeable travel lights/powerbanks. They are just another option but, luckily they make plenty of other lights if you don't like them.

Last edited:

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
These type of plastic keychain lights just seem like disposable gimmicks to me.

I thought so too at first when these came out but once I handled a few, I decided they have a place in the line up. A cylindrical shaped light is fine but these are extremely comfortable to carry and handle, plus they can be topped off every day without having to open the light up twice. I was eyeing the sidekick but seeing the new stiletto, I think I will get get one. I can even charge it using my solar powered power bank.

bigfoot

Enlightened
IMHO, this new light is pretty exciting. :thumbsup: Hoping they bring a programmable interface to some of their CR123 lights.

scout24

Flashaholic
Thanks for the link, Carrot. Looks pretty cool. Hope it hits the shelves soon with some reviews/numbers to follow.

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire replied on their FB page about the Stiletto availability: "Most likely by the end of March. Still in the testing phase.".