18650 Battery & Charger Recommendations for ZL SC64w

CC268

Newly Enlightened
[FONT=&quot]Hey guys,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am new to 186500 batteries and would like to get some good quality batteries and charger for a Zebralight SC64w. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I'm thinking the Sanyo NCR18650 GA 3500mAh batteries paired with a Nitecore SC4 or i4 charger would be a good option.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks.[/FONT]

fmc1

Enlightened
Best of luck with the light.

Good choice on the battery.

The charger is another story. First the i4, it maxes out at .7A charge current if you are using one or two slots. That's cut in half to .35A if you are using 3 or 4 bays. It gives you no information such as voltage, mAh charged, charge current, time nothing. A Sanyo/Panasonic NCR18650GA can easily handle a 1.5A charge current. To me 1.5A charge current is the sweet spot. So if you are charging at .35A it's taking over 4 times longer than necessary.

The sc4 addresses the i4 shortfalls that I listed above but it got a so so review from HKJ.

https://lygte-info.dk/review/Review%20Charger%20Nitecore%20SC4%20UK.html

It's also very pricy for what you get in my opinion. It has no analyzing or testing capability at all. For the same money or less you could get an Opus Bt-C3100/C3400. A few bucks more you can have an Xtar vp4 dragon. Both of them are way more capable in my opinion.

Frank

CC268

Newly Enlightened
Best of luck with the light.

Good choice on the battery.

The charger is another story. First the i4, it maxes out at .7A charge current if you are using one or two slots. That's cut in half to .35A if you are using 3 or 4 bays. It gives you no information such as voltage, mAh charged, charge current, time nothing. A Sanyo/Panasonic NCR18650GA can easily handle a 1.5A charge current. To me 1.5A charge current is the sweet spot. So if you are charging at .35A it's taking over 4 times longer than necessary.

The sc4 addresses the i4 shortfalls that I listed above but it got a so so review from HKJ.

https://lygte-info.dk/review/Review%20Charger%20Nitecore%20SC4%20UK.html

It's also very pricy for what you get in my opinion. It has no analyzing or testing capability at all. For the same money or less you could get an Opus Bt-C3100/C3400. A few bucks more you can have an Xtar vp4 dragon. Both of them are way more capable in my opinion.

Frank

Thanks man! I think I will go with the Xtar Vp4 dragon